Chapter 3: Demigods

"My hair is so stubborn! It will not behave!" I yelled at the mirror.
"It looks fine," (F/N) reassured me, pulling her fringe back with a red bandanna. She was wearing a black nirvana vest top and blue skinny jeans and I was wearing a blue and silver New York t-shirt and dark jeggings. When we were ready we went outside and up to the beach. The boy was leaning on the railing at the top of the slope. Leo was wearing suspenders and a white shirt covered in grease with a tool belt. We walked to the boating lake in silence.

When we got there and had bought drinks we sat down and began talking about our lives. Leo told us all about how he was a Demigod and a fire-user, which basically meant he could set himself alight and could never be burnt by fire. He was a son of Hephaestus, the blacksmith God. All the time he was fiddling with something in his hands. Suddenly they were both staring at me or should I say at the glowing trident above my head. "You're a Demigod (Y/N)!" Leo said. "A daughter of Poseidon, God of the sea and horses! Looks like he broke his promise again,"
I just sat, mouth agape, staring at the slowly fading picture above my head. Then, suddenly, (F/N) had the same thing over her head, only a picture of a dove instead.
"You're a demigod too, a child of Aphrodite, goddess of love and beauty!" Leo told her.
"This. Is. Awesome!!!!" I shouted joyfully.
"To New York, then," Leo said. "I'll let your parents know and we'll be off," I turned to (F/N)
"Oh my god, I am so excited!"
"Me too!"