Chapter 6: Capture the flag

The rest of the day was a blur of excitement. I worked on my sword skills to the point where I could beat Jason and nearly beat my brother. (F/N), too, practiced to almost the point of perfection and was as good with her dagger as I was with my sword. We met all of the seven and Nico throughout the day and we made friends with all of them. At dinner capture the flag teams were announced. Zeus, Athena, Poseidon, Aphrodite (just (F/N) and Piper, no one else wanted to) and Hades were blue team while Demeter, Apollo, Hephaestus, Ares, Dionysus and Hermes were red. We were given the flags and told to hide them in plain sight. Annabeth hid ours and told Percy, Nico and Jason to protect it, then the Athena cabin and Annabeth spread out and did border protection. This left me, Hazel, (F/N) and Piper to go in and take the red team's flag.

The conch horn blew and we were off. We creeped slowly around the forest and leapt the stream into enemy territory. After some sneaking around we saw the oppositions flag and made note of who was guarding it. Leo stood swinging his blazing hammer with a flame lit in the other Palm, while Luke was standing polishing an arrow point. Frank was there also (at least I think it was Frank, it was just a big bear). We decided to take them by surprise and attack from behind. So we hid behind trees, weapons at the ready and charged on my signal. I headed straight at Leo, sword high, and leapt on his back knocking him over and pinning him down.
"Surrender, Valdez!" I yelled and he dropped his hammer. Hazel grabbed the flag, I stood, and then charged into the forest after my friends.
"That was easy!" (F/N) shouted back to me as we crossed back into friendly territory and the horn blew signalling our victory.