Chapter 4

Lynn stood dazzled underwater for seconds. She then came back to reality. Lynn wanted to escape. Looking all over, she felt that it was safe to escape. However, when she remembered how the being, now she knew it to be a Dragon, saw her past through the glass in the House of Memories, Lynn hesitated to make a move. Without knowing the rules of the world of the dead and having zero knowledge of magic, Lynn knew she would put herself in danger by trying to escape. 

Lynn touched the locket. She tried to remove it, but it was too strong to come out or break. Lynn slowly dived upward. One of the grey mammals with a big pointy, wide mouth, that was glowing orange came near her, smiled, and touched her. Lynn intrinsically knew that the type of mammal was called the dolphin and she guessed that maybe it was the locket that made her more knowledgeable.  Lynn felt warmth spread through her body with the touch of the dolphin's nose. 

There were many trees underwater. The dolphin swam to one of the trees, and Lynn followed the dolphin. The bark of the trees to which the dolphin swam was blue. The branches of the tree were filled with sky-blue leaves and small transparent diamond-shaped crystals. The dolphin went near one of the crystals on the top of the tree and Lynn touched it. 

Lynn did not know if plucking the crystal would put her in some sort of danger, so she just looked through it. Through the crystal, she could see her past where she was sitting in the shadow and the dog was coming near her. 

Lynn let go of the crystal. The dolphin then swam to another side of the ocean. Here the barks of the tree were brown. The leaves were yellow. Some of the leaves were closed. Others were blooming and butterflies came out of them. The leaves became red flowers with four petals after the butterflies emerged from the leaves. The butterflies had different designs and were having unique colours. Three-dimensional small images of the flower projected from the wings of the butterflies from the same flower from which they drank nectar. This changed according to the flower from where they drank the nectar.

Lynn felt at ease with the dolphin. Suddenly, someone touched her shoulder. Shocked, Lynn turned back. It was Jack.

"I had to come to check on you. Though you would not be able to escape, I did not want you to get into trouble with the Dragon. He is an angry one. He despises us," Jack said. "You might want to explore here at another time. Let's go back," Jack dived up. 

The dolphin turned around to face Lynn. Lynn looked at the dolphin and then swam up. Once her head popped out of the water, Jack came near her. He helped Lynn into the boat. Jack scribbled wings with the pencil on the sail of the boat. The sail transformed into two big pointy wings. The sailboat started to fly up. 

It was the first time Lynn flew up. She did not know where to hold so she would not fall off. She avoided looking down in fear of falling.

"The Dragon asked me to introduce you to our friends," Jack said with a smile. 

The boat landed on the top of the waterfall. Despite the force, the boat was able to stand still on the water. Jack got off the boat. He walked on top of the water with ease. Lynn was surprised he was able to do that on top of the waterfall. Lynn never knew about waterfalls nor people who walked on top of waterfalls since her hands and legs were always immersed in water when she went near ocean bodies for washing. 

"Get off," Jack said, "You don't have to swim here."

Lynn's leg froze once she put one of her legs on the water. Lynn put her leg back into the boat. 

"Sorry, didn't notice that you didn't have shoes," Jack said. He ran off to one of the rooms. The rooms were closed with glass doors and the walls were made of ice. Jack came back from the room with fluffy shoes that were almost fully covered and an overcoat. He gave them to Lynn.

Lynn wore the shoes and coat. She felt warmer than when she first got into the House of Memories. Lynn had spent many winters cold, but she never experienced this type of cold nor this type of warmth wearing clothes. She then got off the boat.

Jack and Lynn walked straight, passing through many doors in the castle. Lynn had never walked in a huge place filled with lots of doors and almost every sight was new to her as she never had a reason to go out of her village in her last life.

 Lynn had never walked in a huge place filled with lots of doors and almost every sight was new to her as she never had a reason to go out of her village in her last life