Fifteen

Hannah knew how she and Jamie had agreed to try and make it work for the sake of the baby.

She knew that it wasn't easy. Especially as she was living at Home Farm.

She knew how Kim had been trying to make an effort with her. But it wasn't easy at all. She felt as though Kim was only interested in the baby.

Jamie had told Hannah he wanted to do things properly. That he wanted to be a family. She knew how he wanted away from Kim Tate.

Hannah didn't know what had happened with Kim, Jamie and Adalynn when they were younger.

All she knew was that Kim had ended up in jail. And Jamie and Adalynn had ended up in boarding school.

Things were not easy. And Hannah just needed it to be simple for the sake of the baby. She wanted to give her baby the best. And if that meant making it work with Jamie, then she would do it.

Her baby was the only one who truly mattered. And she was going to make it work to the best of her abilities.

She felt as though she was lonely though. She had Adalynn. She knew that. But she missed her mum and being around her family.

Hannah knew how things were with her mum. She had been off having an affair with Al Chapman. And it had been revealed.

All Hannah knew was that things weren't easy at all. And she just needed to it be simple enough for her to be okay.

Morning rolled around all too suddenly for her. She rolled over and groaned. The door opened and Adalynn walked in.

Hannah frowned. "How do you always end up in here?" She asked.

"You're my only friend. No one else talks to me cause of my psycho mother. It's cool though. How's my niece or nephew cooking today?"

"Half baked at 90°. How do you think it's cooking?" Hannah said as she sat up. "Where's jamie?" She asked.

"Had to go and put a horse down. I'm actually avoiding Graham. Cause seemingly I have an addiction to making bad choices. And those bad choices end up with even worse consequences when I get naked with the special forces Barbie," Adalynn told her.

Hannah smirked. "You're gonna end up pregnant yourself at this rate," she said.

"Oh god no. I certainly can't push a baby out my tiny hole. That can't happen."

***
Hannah walked through the village. She smiled as she saw her mum. Chas looked to her. "You're talking to me then? No one else is," she said.

Hannah sighed and nodded. "Am I pissed you ruined things? Yes I am. But you're still my mum. And you've stood by me for getting pregnant. So I'm going to stand by you," she told her.

Chas pulled her daughter into her arms and smiled. "I love you darling. Are you okay?"

"I'm good. Don't worry about me," Hannah said. She smiled. "It will all be okay mum. I know it will."

Chas nodded and smiled. "I hope so love. I'm going to see eve. So I'll catch you up."

***
Hannah saw Jamie and walked over to him. He smiled and wrapped an arm around her. "Are you okay?" He asked.

Hannah nodded. "I've been thinking. And I want to give our baby the best possible life. I want to make us work," she told him.

Jamie said nothing as he kissed her lips. But neither were aware of how a face from Hannah's past was about to make an appearance and mess with her head.