THIRTY-THREE

|Anika's POV|

Next morning I woke up in my bed. I went out of the room and asked Martha" Who got me here?"

"Mr Miller, Miss"

I remembered last night's event and cursed him.

I was busy for the whole week as the brand was newly launched. One day I was working till late as I needed to report something urgent to Mr Miller. I finished the report and went to his office. I went in as I knew he was also working late. I said handing him the file " Here is the report you asked for, and also my leave application."

He looked at the report and signed my application without asking any questions. I was surprised that how this arrogant dog is so quiet.

He then stood up and walked towards me and asked "Looks like you are going on a trip. "

"Yes Sir."

"May I ask where?"

I said "No you can't." and started walking out of the office. but he grabbed my wrist and said, "Let's talk. "

"I have already told you, I don't want to talk. let me go" and tried to free myself.

He pulled me and pinned me to the wall, caged me between his arms and said " Hear me out Anika please." This is the first time he called me Anika. I never knew my name sounded so beautiful.

"You have hurt me badly Mr Miller. Do you think it's easy to forget the words you used for me? Do you think it's easy to forget the way you made me feel back then?Do you think it's easy for me to forgive you and start liking you? but let me tell you, that is never gonna happen." I shouted at him and tears started flowing down.

I can see the guilt in his eyes but it's not easy for me, not at all.

|Edward's POV|

I know I made her feel worst but I never wanted to make her cry. My heart ached when I saw those tears.

I cupped her face, made her look at me and wiped those tears with my thumb. And I said "I don't want you to like me... but just hear me out. I know I was wrong, I misjudged you, mistreated you. And I am so sorry for that, I am really sorry. I was having a very bad time. When we first met, that day some cheap girl was clinging to me and I hated it. I know I shouldn't have said those words but they just came out unknowingly. Trust me please."

Then she asked "Then what about the rest of the times?"

I said "You was being so arrogant with me and I lost it. And later whenever I saw you my anger triggered. I am sorry, please don't treat me like this."

"You made me call myself a slut." she said.

"And I regret it completely."

She didn't say anything later, she was just looking at me. We were lost in each other's eyes. Soon a drop of tear rolled down and landed on her lips. It got my attention, that tear was making her lips look more sensuous. I had an urge to kiss them. I don't know what got it to me. I touched her lips with my thumb. her body reacts with my touch. I got aroused and bent down to match her height and landed my lips on her's and sucked that tear. Her lips were so soft and warm. with my that act she left out a hot breath. We both were breathing heavily, our heartbeats were fast. I sucked her lower lip. That's when she put her hand on my chest and pushed me and said,"You shouldn't have done that." and left cryingly.