Part 5/3 Lacey Finds More Than One William

Lacey daydreams. Her brother William was here:

"Hey William, thanks for coming to see me again. I missed you."

"You too, Lacey Bell. Did you tell Matthew? Did you tell him about singing William and the baby? They're in trouble."

"I did tell him. I did. But he didn't listen. Everyone here thinks I'm crazy, William, even Matty."

"Yeah, I'm sorry Sissy, maybe you are crazy. You are talking to me, and I been dead a long time."

"Well, if crazy means that I'll see you, then I'm ok with it," said Lacey. "Maybe I need to tell someone besides Matty. Maybe Lucinda and Sallie Mae will listen to me. I'll tell them."

"Maybe," said brother William. "Maybe you can tell Sallie Mae, but I don't think Lucinda can help."

"She's a good listener too, William. And she's my friend. She will help."

"No, she won't."

"Why do you say that, William? That hurts my feelings when you talk about my friends that way. Just because she wouldn't go out with you that time, doesn't mean she's not a good friend to me."

"That's not it," said William. "I really didn't want to tell you this because I knew you'd be upset, but Lucinda can't help because she is stuck underground with singing William and the baby."

"What? Oh, no, is she ok?"

"Well, as ok as you can be when you are trapped and stuck underground."

"Oh my, oh shit. Oh helI in a handbasket. I gotta do something. I gotta find someone who'll listen." Lacey said as she rubbed her hands together, end over end.

"Tell Sallie Mae, maybe she can help. She'll know where to look."

"I will. I will. Are you leaving now?"

"Yes, you know I can't stay long. Got to get back."

"Ok, that is fine, tell everybody I said hey."

"I will. Love you, Lacey Bell, Tinkerbell."

"Love you too, baby brother."