CHAPTER 7

It was a hell crazy night. Half of what happened stuck in my brain but the other half is nowhere to be found. My head hurts like it’s going to split into two. The stirring pain runs all the way to my eyes. The water pours in me with a sensational feeling. The freshness and coldness of the water touches my skin sweetly. I cuddle myself as I let the water fall all over me, hugging my body like a giant creature wanting to comfort someone. My thoughts wander from each memory. Starting from the past to present, until last night. It was hell knowing I lost some of my memories last night. I want to recover it knowing that Liam’s with us last night. What if I did something crazy? What face will I show him today? Shit, I thought. I’m always a mess.

I got out of the shower, skin as pale as snow and lips as cold as ice. Looking into the mirror, I know I look like a zombie with my black shirt and jeans. I fixed myself, ashamed of showing up looking unattended. I got down after I finished. Laura is cooking something in the kitchen. It’s crazy how their house is serene in the morning. Usually, in my house Snoopy runs around and barks until he feels like stopping. I walk through the living room and straight to the kitchen. There, Laura is preparing the table. I sit without her permission while shoving a puff in my mouth. 

“Morning,” she greeted. 

“Yeah morning,” I greeted back. 

She looked at me, “you okay? Is everything alright?”

“My head is splitting in two, I don’t think everything is alright,” I replied.

“You’re hell a bitch last night,” she said with a mischievous tone. Laura laid a plate in front of me.

Running my fingers through my hair, I abruptly look at her. I still don’t know what happened last night, maybe because of my headache but Laura seems to remember everything. “What? What did I do?” I asked curiously. 

She chuckled as she walked away from me, turning her back. “You slept in Liam's arms last night. It was actually crazy because according to him, you’re asleep for quite a while already before we notice you sleeping.”

My head starts to process the information. I run all the files in my head looking for the right memory, but I still can’t recover it. The idea itself sends me chills. How can I even be so careless? “What else?” I demanded. 

She looked at her shoulder, “Liam brought you up in your room. He insisted, don't get me wrong,” she turned completely in my direction, “who knows what happened next,” she continued.

I jumped out of my seat, holding every inch of my body. My eyes linger side to side, still trying to make anything out but nothing comes to mind. I wish I could take this brain out and slowly search for it. 

“God, you should have insisted even more!” 

A chuckle from Laura made me even annoyed. I know deep inside of her that she likes it. She’d wish for a man to get on my nerves and make me fall in love for years. Well, I guess I can’t blame her. The question is, is it Liam? 

I fixed myself and snatched my keys on the countertop. "You know what? He didn't do anything because he respects me and Jonas and you. I have to go now."

She wipes her hands as she faces me, "whatever, Taylor. Send my regards to your Liam," she said jokingly.

Driving through the traffic totally ruined my day. It's almost nine in the morning and yet I'm far from home. Cars are bumper to bumper and horns never fail to make noises. The sun is hot today, a fiery starball in the sky that makes things so hard without sweating so much. Shit, I muttered as I looked into my watch. 

My phone rang out of nowhere. The vibration keeps on buzzing, causing me to pick it up, when in fact I don't want to answer it. I turned the loudspeaker on.