Before the Revelation

Paimon: so that's the complete story, huh... paimon thought that you ran into that unknown god first...

Dainsleif: hmm. so your first memory after coming into this world was being awoken by your sister from within that meteorite...

to him, what he saw that day was nothing but lumine trying to wake him up. or that's what he thought.

Paimon: it seems your sister woke up first, but the question is, how long before you...

Dainsleif: and then your sister told you that the destruction of khaenri'ah plunged the whole world into chaos and that you two should leave this world called teyvat?

there'a a silent for a moment before aether replied with a nod.

Aether: that's what i heard at the time...

Dainsleif: *sigh* that destruction you witnessed, that's... history from 500 years ago

Paimon: huh! then your sister must have understood this world better than you did because she woke up first!

Dainsleif: and then shortly after that, you encountered an unknown god who blocked your path, so you couldn't escape...

he nodded in response. after the flashback, they continue to investigate about the abyss order while talking along the way.

Dainsleif: i probably know more about khaenri'ah than both of you.

Aether: ohh? rings the bell..

Dainsleif: khaenri'ah was a nation without a god. not because it had a god that died or abandoned them, but because it never had a god to begin with. it was a powerful nation, built purely by humans, an unprecedented flourishing and glorious civilization, it was the pride of humankind.

Paimon: a nation... without god...

Dainsleif: and the rest, you already know. it was all destroyed... by gods.

Paimon: w-what do you mean?

Dainsleif: 500 years ago, the gods descended upon the world and brought desolation to khaenri'ah. the "pride of humankind" was uprooted and crushed, like a weed removed from the garden of the gods...

Paimon: *gasp* how could that be...? the history books don't say anything about that...

the more they stayed with him, the more truth came out of his mouth. the lines that once spread across the world were now connected one by one.

Dainsleif: hmph. let's keep moving. i will tell you more of what you want to know as we continue our search.

enemy after enemy they have fought. all of them of course have something to do with the abyss order. this time, they once again managed to defeat a group of abyss mages.

on the ground, a letter seemed to be dropped by the abyss mages. aether quickly picked it up and tried to read its contents...

Paimon: paimon doesn't understand... *gasp* wait, is this the script of khaenri'ah!?

dainsleif turned his gaze towards the letter.

Dainsleif: let me try.. *takes the letter*

once the letter on his possession, dain's eyes widened for a second before reading it for those two.

"engulf the faith of the enemy in flame, throw the traitor into the hole of madness, and bring glory to her highness, the princess"

Paimon: w-wha?

aether's eyes went to dainsleif for a second after hearing the words "traitor"

Aether: no... maybe just a coincidence...