Chapter 5

After that incident the whole country started to respect the militants and recognise them as heroes. The true heroes, Lieutenant Kim Taehyung and his teammates received various appreciation from the higher officials.

After one week, Lee Ji-eun, a journalist from the Korean Times television reached the military base station to interview them.

" I wanted to thank you all for your hard work and dedication. Living apart from your families, in these extreme climates are really hard. But you all overcome the hurdles and continue to protect us from conflicts .". Lee Ji- eun spoke in appreciation.

The whole members gave the details about the mission , while she recorded the information for the broadcasting. The militants currently without any duties stayed while others left from there to engage into their duties.

" So you all missing your families , I am giving you the opportunity to send a message through this broadcast to your family " Lee Jieun spoke with a smile.
" How ?" Seojoon asked.
" I will record your message and broadcast through the television" Lee Jieun answered.
The militants become excited after hearing this and waited to sent the voice notes towards their family. The only way of communication to their family is through letters that came through the postman at every Friday.

" My daughter has been born one week before I have not named her yet. Can I use this opportunity to name her ?" Seojoon enquire Lee Jieun.

" Yes, you can" She encouraged him.

" Tae.. can you come here for a moment?" Seojoon called Taehyung loudly who was inside the garage.

" What, hyung?" Taehyung asked while approaching them.

"Tae, I need to name my daughter. Can you say a name that suits her." Seojoon asked Taehyung.
Taehyung thought for a minute and said " Aera... Park Aera..Is that okay hyung?"
"Aera means love.. Thanks Tae" Seojoon said by hugging Taehyung.

" Do you want to sent some message to your family?"
Lee Jieun asked Taehyung.

Taehyung smiled and said " No..madam, I have nobody to sent a message. I am orphan, a lone soldier". By saying this Taehyung left from there to his duties." Lee Jieun looked at his retreating back and smiled a weak smile.
She collected their messages and reached the broadcasting station. She transmitted the news of mission and the recorded messages of militants on-air.

" Today I find a person, Lieutenant Kim Taehyung , an orphan who doesn't have anyone to call him or write him there at the base station. Kim Taehyung is now our nation's son.So I have decided to sent him a letter everyone month to ask about his whereabouts.You can also join me by sending him letters, Please note the address shown at the television." Lee Jieun announced through the television.

The news about Lieutenant Kim Taehyung started to spread through the television. One who wished for his well-being started to write letters for him.

At the Seoul base station

" Hyung.. where are you? You are being asked by the post man. He is there at the entrance. Go quickly " Jeongin said from the outside to Taehyung who was busy arranging the files in the office.
"Postman! Me!" Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed in confusion.
He locked the office and went towards the entrance. While reaching there, Taehyung amazed. There stands the Postman with a bag of letters. Postman bowed and gave that letters to Taehyung while saying " These all for you, Sir. This is the first time you are receiving letters right!"

Taehyung bought the letter baggage from the Post man and went towards him room after thanking him. He sat down the floor and opened the baggage. More than hundreds of letters where inside the baggage. All for him. His eyes watered. This is the first time in his life he is receiving this much letters.