Chapter 7

The letter keeps coming to Taehyung. He waits for every fridays, reading letters and keeping them in his diaries....writting replies...rereading them... Each words travelled through his blood vessels reached his heart imprinting there. These all become a part of this soldier's routine. The one who guarded the country's border is now guarding his heart not to burst from this overflowing emotions. Lieutenant Kim Taehyung slowly become addicted to a Kim Jungukk's love.

The cold air embraced Taehyung as he was settled into the blanket of snow in Daesong dong valley. Each delicate snow flake started to fall over his fluffy hair. His ears and cheek are red. Is it because of the snow? Or Is it slowly developed after thinking about someone ?The entire valley seemed hushed, as if nature itself had become a silent reader of Kim Jungukk's letter.

Taehyung could feel the chill seeping through his clothing, but it was a warm sensation, a reminder that he was alive. The ground beneath him held the secrets of countless stories, a canvas painted in white.

As he sat, the silence became his companion. He watched as the sun transformed the landscape, casting a warm, golden hue upon the snow. Sparkles of light danced across the frozen expanse like a million diamonds, each one reflecting the sun's brilliant rays.

In that tranquil moment, surrounded by nature's frozen embrace, he found solace in the reading the letter of his dear lover, letting time slip away.

Dear Husband,

Yesterday our neighbour aunty was asking how did we first met. For that I replied 
"At the battleground where warriors rove,
A soul found solace in the arms of love."
Only my Hubby can understand that, right?
          I forgot to tell you something. I have dreamed about an incident. You are almost in your 60 years of age....Your tooth have fallen, skin wrinkled, your soft fluffy hair become completely white, stubbles all over your chin, you had a thick framed glasses over your eyes.At night, I was laying at your chest hearing your heartbeats. But you are wide awake singing a really soothing lullaby in your deep voice for me. Your chest vibrated every time you sang.

Looks like a winter bear
You sleep so happily
I wish you good night, good night, good night
Good night, good night
Imagine your face
Say hello to me
Then all the bad days
They're nothing to me
With you, ooh, ooh, ooh, ooh
Winter bear
Ooh, ooh, ooh
Sleep like a winter bear
Ooh, ooh, ooh
Sleep like a winter bear

I was slowly started to fall asleep.But suddenly you started to coughing, then your voice stopped and also your heartbeats. I awoke in fear and I searched for your warmth in our bed. But you were not there. Suddenly I felt so lonely Tae. Take care, hubby

With love
Your husband
Kim Jungukk.

Taehyung closed the letter and started thinking.

"At the battleground where warriors rove,
A soul found solace in the arms of love."

What is the meaning of those words? Which battleground is he implying? Taehyung's eyebrows furrowed in confusion. He began to engage in deeper thoughts. He was unaware of the passing of the time. As those words paused the world around him to engage in interpreting the meaning of those words. Also about the song how he knows about the song that Taehyung secretly wrote in his diary. Taehyung have a secret diary where he write his songs, quotes and also that diary is now a days witnessing the unspoken love towards his lover. He keeps every letter he received from Jungukk there and also the reply letters which was unsent due to the lack of sender's address.
He had treasured the painting of his Gukkie's lips in his purse. Whenever anything bad happens at workplace, he took that picture from the purse and slowly traces fingers through that lips without anyone knowing. That become his habit now a days.

Taehyung's mind which lacked love , Jungukk appeared as if summoned by an angel. His presence, started various emotions and longings in Taehyung's heart. Jungukk painted love in the blank canvas of Taehyung's heart. Even in the deep sleeps , Jungukk moved through the corridors of Taehyung's imagination, his giggles and laugh resonates like a melody that echoed in the chambers of Taehyung's heart. Each letter he sents is like a bullet dodged right towards its aim. Jungukk has woven a thick warm blanket of love around Taehyung to protect him from the extreme snows in Daesong dong valley. Each words are drawing Taehyung into infinite depths. Jungukk is a whole universe of secrets waiting to be unveiled, mysteries that stirred the depths of Taehyung's heart.

'Don't worry Gukkie..Nothing will happen to me. I will be with you until my last breath.' Taehyung mumbled under his breath by closing the letter and keeping it in the diary.

Does Taehyung ,being a soldier,able to keep this promise? Promises are meant to be broken . How much love have been captured Taehyung so that he is promising a person who he doesn't know ever exist ? Will weight of expectations crumble into disappointment ? Does he can live with his Gukkie as he wished ?

After one week

Dear Tae,

Are you fine there? I have completed another painting of you. But something is missing at that painting. I didn't got any time to completely study your face. Hmm...how can that be possible? You fled  from me before I study you carefully. 'Gukkie, I have work. Don't be mad. I will be back before you complete your another painting'. One after other I have completed a lot of paintings. But you never came.
I am going to Busan on the 12 th of this month. When I was packing I found our wedding hanboks. I can still remember your shyness while dressing in that pink hanbok. When I glanced you while exchanging our vows ,your cheek slowly started to get matched with the color of your hanbok. And also your hands shivered while giving me the ring. When the priest announced to kiss, I thought you will faint at the altar. Because I saw you become shocked and slowly starting to shiver. I thought that  you can't even kiss me without fear then how are you guarding our country my lord!. Before I smack your head hard at there,you gave me a warm forehead kiss sealing our promise of love. The warmth of that kiss is still lingering in my forehead.
Hmm... I have to travel 48 hours by train to Busan. I never travelled so far all by myself. But I will manage, after all I'm a Lieutenant's Husband....There is an upcoming art exhibition at Busan Shinsegae Gallery. I wish you were here to accompany me. So that we can walk hand in hand amidst the paintings...Always in your thoughts.

With love
Your husband
Kim Jungukk

In the embrace of the bed's warmth, Taehyung was reading through the words of his husband. He slowly   covered the blanket over his head, to prevent anyone seeing his flustered face. Every time he read a letter, he begins to blush at the words. He either read letter secretly in the crevices of valley or under the blanket covering his face to cover his shy smiles that appear on his face.

He traced his long fingers through every lines, a bittersweet longing for meeting the other one starts to linger in his heart. Every time it happens, the longing to meet the face of other one. He flipped the letter anticipating an address to sent the reply. But a seal caught his attention. He checked it twice. Yes the seal had the word 'Seoul' written in it,  showing the letter was posted from Seoul postal station. He slowly started to connect the words he read from the letter. A wave of relief flashed through his mind.
"12 th of this month
From Seoul to Busan"
That means he will be on the train from Seoul to Busan on 12th of this month. He kicked away blanket from his body and started to walk in fast steps towards Wooshik's bed.

"Wooshika... Wake up...I got Jungukk." Taehyung sat in the corner of Wooshik's bed and shaked him violently.

"Tae, What happened?What's the time? Are you not asleep yet?" Wookshik asked in his sleepy voice.

" It's 12 20 am, look I had found Jungukk." Taehyung showed the seal he found from the letter's backside.

"He will be there on train to Busan from Seoul on 12 th of this month" Taehyung cheerily said and hugged Wooshik.

____________________________________

Hello lovely readers...
New chapter uploaded.
Finally the wait is over.
Poor Gukkie never thought his Hubby can find him that easily. Can Tae meet his Gukkie easily?
What fate has planned for both of them ?
We don't know. We can support their love and pray for the best to happen.

Preview
"The moment"