Sunlight

It was the next day and Miri was very disgruntled, to say the least. It had been about a week since she had started her mission, yet she had made no progress whatsoever in finding an escape route. So far, all she knew was that the doors were always locked and the windows were bulletproof. If she was honest, a lot of things had happened in the meantime that had ...distracted her a bit. But just the fact that she was somehow emotionally involved with these demons had her on edge.

After an hour of pacing around her room, she decided to venture outside. Not sure what she was looking for, she wandered through the corridors. Perhaps there was something she hadn't noticed up until now. She checked the doors upstairs again, but without success. Frustrated, she kicked the last door as hard as she could, hissing at the slight pain in her foot. What a stupid move! She didn't want to attract the attention of the two demons.

Now that she thought about it... where were they? She hadn't seen either of them since she got up, which was very unlikely in her opinion. Quietly, she ventured down to the second living room when she heard a soft murmur coming from around the next corner. Curiously, she sneaks closer to try to understand some of the conversation Akaza and Douma were having.

"Has Gyutaro given you any more information about the location?" she hears Akaza ask. "No, but as far as we know, there won't be many Hashiras present, so we have a huge advantage no matter what the exact circumstances are..." Douma replies. What location? Why are they talking about other demon slayers? Miri was puzzling over the new information in her head. Were they planning to attack them? " Yeah, they send them all out without any consideration..." Akaza agrees. Both fell silent. As the realization sank in, her stomach turned. Where are they talking about the headquarters?

Miri holds her breath in silence. "We can hear your heartbeat, Miri," Akaza says in an amused voice. Shit, they noticed her! So much for gathering more information... .She slowly comes out of the corner and looks at them in shock. They are both sitting on the couch. Douma leans back with his legs spread and grins at her, "Look who's been eavesdropping... so naughty".

"Y-You want to attack them, that's why you've been terrorizing these random villages to distract us..." she points out, still standing in front of them, feeling a little lost. "If you mean your little demon hunter friends darling, then yes, jackpot," Douma replies happily. "N-No, you can't do that..." she shakes her head and slowly steps back. She had to warn them! She had to do something! Akaza sighs and gets up from the couch. "Okay, come down princess," he says, walking towards her as she takes a few more steps backwards, looking at them in disbelief. When he tries to grab her arm, she quickly backs away and turns to run into the next room. "Shit, Miri!" she hears Akaza curse from behind her.

All of a sudden she stops in her footsteps. From behind her, she hears Akaza burst into the room, but she doesn't turn around. In front of her gapes a huge hole in the window front. That must have been the loud noise she heard when Douma entered the house. The glass had been shattered all over the floor by a brutal force. Just like her, the other two must have either forgotten about it after last night or didn't think it was that urgent to be fixed. Warm sunlight flooded the room and prickled her skin. For a brief moment, Miri closed her eyes and enjoyed the sensation.

She steps closer to the threshold. An icey blow hits her back making her shiver. "Do it, I dare you". Douma had entered the room and slowly approached her to the point where he was standing in the shadow just mere centimeters away from her. He stared at her with shimmering eyes and a dark smile.

----------------------------------------------

Demons couldn't be in the sunlight. It was like an invisible wall between them blocking him away. Miri bravely looked up at him. The light made her hair shine in golden and brown colors and reflected in her eyes. She was so beautiful. He was so close to her, yet there was no way he could reach for her which made him furious and he tightened his jaw. "Just know, that I will come for you" he continues watching hesitancy form on her little face. "And then when I find you -which I will-„ he pauses for a second taking his time mustering her with a wicked grin „know that I won't show you any mercy" he speaks as he notices her brave expression break.

Would she stay now? Her eyes wander back outside and a soft breeze washes into the room. Then she makes one step outside. "Miri" he growled in a low and dangerous voice. Douma pressed his hands into fists so his fingernails cut into his skin. He didn't care if she saw that he was bluffing. Miri looks back at him with an unreadable face. He wanted to come after her.

Doumas hands relax and cold air whirls around his fingers. He wouldn't use his strong techniques on her because it would most definitely kill her, but his normal ice powers? Her gaze falls down to his hands and both start moving at the same time.
Large ice columns emerge from the ground reaching for her feet. She quickly jumps landing on top of one of them and uses it's speed to catapult her into the air. Somehow she was much faster than the last time. He sends two more ice vines her way as she gracefully spins and evades them. She falls down and disappears from his view.

"Fuck!" he shouts, and all the ice around him explodes into a million pieces. Miri was gone.

 "We'll look for her in a few hours," Akaza says. He spins around and strikes at Akaza with an ice dagger. "Watch out," he growls and walks past him, making sure to push it in a little further, making Akaza hiss in pain. Of course, he would look for her as soon as the sun was down. She wouldn't make it that far. Still, he had the feeling that he might have underestimated her. But he wouldn't let her go... not if he could prevent that.

———————————————————————-