Chapter 10

MMD's POV

Flashback...

"Who is she?" I instantly spotted my mom staring at us. I hadn't realized she was here already, considering it was only 4 am. She was supposed to be resting, so her presence surprised me. Perhaps Abraham had informed her to visit; my brother always wants Mom to meet Anntonia and me. Knowing that my mom is a silent fan of Anntonia is no joke. She often warns me to step up because Anntonia, the woman who stole my heart, is a pageant unicorn who won Miss Supra 2019.

Both of us were in awe as Mom's initially cold expression turned into a happy one. I don't think she's mad; maybe she's just in shock.

"So, you're the girl my baby is so crazy about?" She asked Anntonia.

Anntonia's face beamed a smile when she noticed Mom's expression shift to happiness, making her feel comfortable in that moment.

"Is there any other po?" She responded.

I didn't expect Anntonia to use "po," but it sounded cute coming from her. I couldn't stop smiling, knowing that these two important ladies in my life would get along instantly.

"By the way, Mom, this is Anntonia. Anntonia, meet my mom," I introduced.

Mom instantly gave her a hug; she always does this when she likes the person she's meeting with. However, most of the time, she seems not easy to approach due to her demeanor and the way she selectively chooses close friends.

"Nice to meet you, ma'am. I'm a fan po," Anntonia told Mom.

"Don't call me ma'am; you can call me mother, just like my daughter does," Mom joyfully said to her.

At first, I thought Mom wouldn't agree to this, but seeing them together in this state filled my heart. The fact that these two were getting along wouldn't hinder my courtship with Anntonia. I really wanted Mom to meet Anntonia because this is the first time I am becoming serious about a woman I've met in person, having had a crush on her ever since she appeared on my Instagram.

"Alright, Mom," Anntonia told her in a shy manner. When they broke the hug, Mom stared at me with a serious look.

"Your natcos, 'nak, ha! And please take care of this woman's heart, or I'll be the one who's going to finish you," Mom said with a stern expression that kind of freaked me out. At the same time, it made me giggle deep down, knowing that she finally saw the woman I had been talking about for so many months. Manifestation really does work.

"Yes, Mom!" I awkwardly answered her.

I could sense Anntonia laughing at my response to Mom's never-ending warnings, but this particular warning? I would most certainly take it to heart; I was determined to take care of Anntonia's heart.

"Oooh, so meeting the family it is."

My brother Abraham jumped in, armed with the tools for us to continue fixing the national costume for the upcoming competition later. He was genuinely curious about Anntonia, knowing that people were shipping us all over social media, which prompted him to ask me a lot about her.

"You're really pretty," Abraham complimented Anntonia.

I saw Mom's eyes raise when she heard my brother's compliment.

"Pagbigyan na ang ate mo, ngayon lang magkaka-girlfriend ulit," she sighed, and Abraham just laughed it off. We both joined in the laughter. Anntonia didn't quite understand that one, but she just stared at me and smiled, clearly feeling comfortable with my mom.

"Enough of that, people. Let Anntonia take her rest," Mom declared.

"Now, take your rest, dear. Let my daughter suffer with her national costume," she told Anntonia, and it raised my brows. Really, Mom?