2. dahlia's over orange lilies

𝙒𝙄𝙎𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄𝘼 𝙋𝙊𝙄𝙎𝙊𝙉╰┈➤ chapter 2 : ꗃ

𝙒𝙄𝙎𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄𝘼 𝙋𝙊𝙄𝙎𝙊𝙉
╰┈➤ chapter 2 : ꗃ

Y/N walked out of her office as it was lunchtime, Twelve in the afternoon. Smiling and greeting people who passed by her with her signature smile, waving or bowing in a common greeting.

Entering the elevator but before the doors could close a very familiar bandaged fingers pull the two doors apart — unfortunately for Y/N.

"Oh, belladonna!" He feigns surprise as though he had not waited twenty minutes for the woman to leave her office so the two could finally talk.

"Good morning, Dazai." Said Y/N, smiling at him as she waved a hand towards the male. He clears his throat as he sends a small smile back.

"Morning, dahlia." He greets, not bothering to explain why he had chose to give the female the nickname of the flower 'dahlia', she ponders over the thought.

"Are you now changing the flower to every girl you meet?" She chuckles slightly, a hand over her lip. "Nope, just for you." He countered.

She blinks — rather confused with his behavior and she certainly doesn't want to get used to it either before sighing softly. "Why dahlia?"

He opens one eye, smirking as he points a finger that was pointing upwards onto the elevators ceiling before responding with a cheeky grin.

"A while ago dahlias were given as symbols of devotion, love, beauty and dignity." He grins, before continuing on with his reason.

"But! nowadays, dahlia flowers symbolize beauty, commitment, and kindness. Generally, dahlias symbolize elegance, inner strength, change, creativity, and dignity."

He finishes with a grin, awaiting perhaps a flustered reaction from the lady he once knew that wore her heart on her sleeve. But instead of a flustered or shy expression all he received was the same expression, the same smile which irritates him to no bounds.

"Is that so? So are you implying I'm all of that?" She asks, her lips stretched into her signature smile. "Indeed, though i say Fifty fifty." He says, hands in his pockets.

"Fifty fifty?"

"You could also represent Orange Lilies, these flowers represent feelings of hatred, pride and contempt." He says, arms crossed.

She blinks, humming before clearing her throat looking at the other side. "I prefer dahlias."

"I figured."