The freedom gap

Two years have passed since Arsène Lupine, now inhabiting Ruby Rose's body, began his double life. At age seven, Ruby continued her training journey at Signal Academy, a local prep school before joining Beacon.

 The opportunity finally arose during a training expedition in a forested region near the Signal Academy. As the students faced simulated challenges and interacted with local wildlife, Arsène saw the perfect chance to escape the clutches of the Rose/Xiao Long family.

 During a moment of distraction from the supervisors, Arsène broke away from the group of students, stealthily disappearing into the dense vegetation of the forest. He knew he had a small window of opportunity to create a safe distance between himself and his pursuers.

 As Arsène moved between the trees, he felt confident in his escape. However, what he didn't realize was that a pair of watchful eyes had been watching him since the beginning. Qrow Branwen, Ruby's uncle, had discreetly followed the expedition, suspicious of Arsène's actions ever since the awakening of that peculiar duality in Ruby.

 Upon noticing Arsène's escape, Qrow followed him in silence, remaining hidden in the shadows of the forest. He was determined to understand the truth behind Ruby's transformation and the intruder's intentions.

 Arsène, unaware of Qrow's presence, continued his run through the forest, freedom so close he could almost touch it. However, he didn't know that fate had an imminent confrontation between him and the only member of the Rose/Xiao Long family he didn't know so well.

 Arsène continued his escape through the forest, deftly jumping over roots and dodging dry leaves that could betray his presence. He felt the rush of freedom, but an uncomfortable feeling accompanied him, as if he were being watched by discerning eyes.

 In a remote clearing, Arsène stopped to catch his breath, not noticing the hooded figure that emerged from the shadows. Qrow Branwen, with his serious face, faced Arsène.

 "You're pretty fast, little Ruby, that's what I'd say if you were my niece." said Qrow, revealing that he knew of the intruder's existence.

 Arsène, surprised by the presence of Ruby's uncle, showed an ironic smile. "It seems my performance wasn't as perfect as I imagined."

 Qrow frowned, keeping an eye out. "Who are you and what do you want with my niece?"

 "Ah, my good bird of ill fortune, I can see that Arsène Lupine's reputation precedes my arrival." Arsène spoke with a mocking tone. "I only want one thing: freedom. And for that, I need to leave this monotonous life and these family ties behind."

 Qrow crossed his arms, skeptical. "Don't tell me you're going to try to convince everyone you're Ruby and then disappear into the shadows?"

 "Bingo!" Arsène responded, his silver eyes shining with determination. "Ruby's life is my chance to escape this limited little world."

 Qrow sighed, weighing his options. "I won't let you destroy my niece's life."

 The tension in the air increased as the two stared at each other. Without warning, Qrow drew his sword, challenging Arsène to a confrontation.

 "If you want to get past Ruby, you're going to have to deal with me first."

 The fight began in the isolated clearing, where Arsène's agility met Qrow's skill. The sound of metal on metal echoed through the forest as both engaged in a fierce clash.

 Arsène, using Ruby's scythe deftly, tried to overcome Qrow's experience. The latter, in turn, did not underestimate his opponent, dodging agile attacks and counterattacking with his scythe.

 Final Notes

 Thank you for reading this far, I would like some feedback on the story so far if possible.