Chapter 2: Becoming Best Friends

Lucy's P.O.V.
*There will probably be more of Lucy's P.O.V. than Natsu's

The day after I met Natsu, father sent me back into the forest to retrieve the book on the Great Draconic War. Of course I didn't tell him that the book didn't actually exist, that it was just a cover story for meeting the dragon child who has the biggest bounty ever on his head. If I told father that, he would probably send me to bring Natsu to him so he could collect the reward.

I was so consumed in the lie I would have to make, that I didn't realize I was being watched till I heard a familiar voice.

Natsu's P.O.V.

Living in the woods can be boring at times. Sure there's all the forest animals, all the scenery and stuff, but after living here for eight years, after seeing the same things for eight years it starts to get boring.

Blondie was the change. She came stomping into my forest and interrupted my sleep because she needed help. Then we talked. We talked like old friends that haven't seen each other in ages. But of course, she had to be a human princess. I wouldn't be surprised if she told her parents about me, if they came and got me so they could collect the bounty.

Or if I never saw her again.

What do I care anyway? It's not like I liked the way she smelled like strawberry vanilla, the way her golden hair fell to her shoulders like golden string, the way her eyes looked like melted chocolate. UGH! What's wrong with me? I can't even remember her name! It was something like Luigi... or something.

Then I heard a voice. The voice that was as soft as an angles. 'Stop it Natsu!' I thought, mentally slapping myself.

I decided to stop Blondie before she got lost again. I dropped right behind her, using my tail to hang upside down from a tree.

"Hey Luigi?" Blondie jumped turning around, her hands in a karate stance. "Woah! Please don't hurt me! I just wanted to know why you are here!"

"Oh, it's just you," Blondie muttered. Then she put her arms down. "First of all, IT'S LUCY!!! Second," she scratched the back of her neck. "Heh, heh. Funny story..."

Lucy (who I decided to call Luce just too annoy her) told me how she lied her parents, and told them she read a book on the Great Draconic War. I could tell she was embarrassed because her face had turned bright red.

I started laughing because I didn't know why she was embarrassed. She made up an amazing lie and kept the fact she met me a secret.

Luce started laughing as well.

"Stop... stop laughing!" Luce tried to say while laughing. "Your laugh... it's... it's contagious! Natsu!" I kept laughing, she did too.

"Okay, okay," I said as I recovered from laughing. "So, what are you going to do about the book?"

"What book?" Luce asked looking very confused.

"You forgot already? The book you made up? The cover story for meeting me?"

"Oh... that book." Luce have me a sad smile. "I'm not sure. I have to come up with something before I go home today." We stood there awkwardly for a few minutes.

"Why don't we make a book?" I asked before I could stop myself.

"Excuse me?"

"Well... at my den I have leather we could use for a cover, some paper that I made, and paints. Why don't we give your parents a book?"

Luce looked at me in awe.

"You... you would do that? For me?"

"Well, duh. Why not? That's what friends are for!" I smiled widely at Luce.