Chapter 9: I'm Sorry

This chapter is dedicated to my good friend and loyal follower LittleSnowDove because the feels. And to NecRomanticNightmare because she inspired me to do this!

On with the story!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 9: I'm Sorry
Lucy's P.O.V.

Three years. It's been three years since King Fiore started the Great Draconic War II. I haven't seen Natsu at all that I can remember (Remember this! This will be important later on!). I didn't realize how much I would miss him. It feels like my heart had been ripped in two.

Happy still comes to see me. He tells me how the war is going and how Natsu is since I'm not aloud to leave the castle. I thought it would be like this forever. But everything changed (when the fire nation attacked. Lol I'm just kidding. Avatar fandom fit the win!) on my 22nd birthday.

I was sitting on the princesses throne when Elfmen Strauss came bursting in.

"Princess Heartfilia!" He exclaimed. "King Heartfilia had fallen. You are now our Queen. What are your orders?"

I doing have time to think about my father death because I was going to do what I wanted to do for three years.

"Saddle up a horse. In going to end this war."

Elfmen nodded. "REAL MEN STOP WARS!" Elfmen yelled as he ran out of the throne room. I ran to get my hiking outfit.

Natsu's P.O.V. (Wow, it's been a while)

Three years. It's been three years since I've started fighting this war. I've only seen Luce once over these there years. It was a short time two months ago, but the passionate embrace was tattooed to my mind in a good way.

"FIRE DRAGONS RO-" I started to yell at King Fiore but was interrupted by someone else screaming "STOP!"

Everyone turned towards the voice. I was shocked to see my best friend in the middle of the battle feild.

"Please, we have to end this!" Luce was saying. "I, Lucy Heartfilia, will personality sign a treaty form with the dragons. My best friend in the entire world is a dragon-person and if we can end this east I will do anything." Luce smiled at me.

"Maybe we should end this," Xang, the son of the jade dragon who was know for being mean and a pervert, said from the crowd. I had a bad feeling about this.

"See?" Luce replied. "Now who is the l-" she couldn't finish because Xang yelled:

"JADE DRAGONS ROAR!!!" and a storm of green shot at Luce.

Before I knew what was happening I was running. I pushed Luce out of the way and took the full force of the attack. Already weakened from the three years of fighting, I collapsed.

"NATSU!!!" I heard Luce yell, though it seemed far off. "Oh my Mavis, oh my Mavis! Natsu please be okay!" Luce pleaded as she inspected my wounds. "It's fine, you're okay," Luce lied. I was in some serious pain. I was covered in scratches, had broken some bones, and I knew there were also some internal injuries.

Tears we're running down Luce's face. Blood started to soak my white shirt and scarf from where I took most of the damage.

"Well there goes a perfectly good shirt," I joked weakly. I knew there was to much blood to be healthy and I knew I wasn't going to live.

"S-stop joking, Natsu!" Luce days through sobs. "You're going to be okay. You'll be fine." It seemed like she said this more for herself than me.

"Lucy," I grabbed her hand, which was pressed against the largest wound. I removed her hand. "I'm going to be fine." I smiled at her, a single tear running down my face.

"NO YOU AREN'T!" She yelled at me still in tears.

"Yes I will. Because you'll be alive."

"Shut up you idiot," she said weakly. "Taking will only strain you."

"No," I coughed up blood. "No, I'll be fine. I-I need to *cough* I need to say this."

"Say wha-" I cut her off.

"Shh. Just let me speak before I die. Please?" She nodded. "Luce, ever since I met you fifteen years ago, you've been nicer to me than anyone ever. *cough* You became my best friend, hell, you probably know me better than I know myself! You were like the sister I never had, but as we grew up I realized you weren't like my sister. I *cough* I feel in love with you, Luce. I need to know, right now, who were you going to choose to be your husband. Mr or Sting?" I had to know that that moment two months ago wasn't a mistake.

Luce stared at me. "Idiot. I shouldn't have to say," then she kissed me. "Does that answer your question?"

I exhaled with relief. "Thank Mavis. I didn't just throw my heart out for the world to see for nothing." I laughed, but I could tell Luce knew it was forced. "Well I guess I'll never have another chance to ask." I grabbed a piece of jade off of the ground next to me and formed it into a ring.

"Lucy Heartfilia, will you make me the happiest man on Earthland for the last few moments of my life and marry me?"

"Of course," she put the ring on.

"Good." I closed my eyes. "I love you, Luce. I'm sorry, I know I promised but at least you'll live. Take good care of Happy for me. Oh, and live for her." I said placing a hand on Luce's stomach. Then my world went black.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Who wants to kill me? *raises hand* *tears* I'm dead inside! I hate myself, but it was necessary!

Who do you think the 'her' is? What do you think will happen?

Please don't be mad, my hatchlings. Things will get better! I promise! Just remember, I love you all!

Goodbye my hatchlings! I'll update soon! I love you all!

~Melieraptor