NYLA! - Chapter 10

A/N Thank you for all the support and I've decided to continue this fic!

Lucy's POV
Due to Talia leaving Mid-Wilshire, there is going to be a new training officer. We arrive just on time and I instantly see someone at my desk talking to Angela then I recognise who it is.

"NYLA!" I squeal startling them both.
"Hey Luce" She grins.

I run over and hug her tightly.

"When did you get back?" I ask.
"Not that long ago, and before you ask I wanted to surprise you," Nyla tells me.
"Where is the idiot you married?" Nyla asks she then spots Tim.
"Nyla." Tim nods.
"You take what I said that night to heart?" Nyla smirks.
"Yes ma'am." He chuckles.
"Detective Harper. We get that you want to have Detectives Club with your old boot but you're on patrol so you need to attend roll call." Grey says from the door of the roll call room.
"That's still a thing?" She snarks.
"Nyla oh my god. Just go we can catch up at lunch." I tell her and shove her in the direction of Grey.
"Careful boot!" She shoots over her shoulder as she walks past an amused Grey.
"NOT A BOOT!" I call out after her making Tim and Angela chuckle.

I'm super excited for lunch so of course it comes by super duper slowly but eventually it's time to head over to the food trucks. When we arrive Nyla is already there and Tim is pulling in behind us. Tim and I head over to the table with Jackosn and Angela and Nyla grins and pulls out a seat for me next to her. Tim grabs food for us and then sits next to me, the second he does Nyla starts up.

"Do I have a godchild yet? Or one on the way?" She smirks.
"Yup. His name is Kojo." Tim says casually.
"WHAT? LUCY OH MY GOD!" Nyla exclaims, clearly excited.
"Timothy you are an ass." Angela chuckles.
"What," Nyla says, sobering up fast.
"They have a dog. Not a human child." Angela rolls her eyes.
"You son of a bitch." Nyla tells Tim sternly.
"Harper," I warn. Nyla quickly clamps her mouth shut.

We spend the rest of lunch chatting until Nyla gets a call over the radio. As she rushed off I called after her to come with us for drinks tonight and she agreed.

The rest of the day is predictably slow but finally, we can go over to the bar we all agreed to meet at.  When we arrive Nyla is somehow already there waiting with an extra beer.

"Luce, for you," Nyla tells me as she hands me the beer.
"So... You two seem tight," Nolan states.
"Nyla was my TO but I haven't seen her in ages because of UC." I shrug.
"Ahh." John nods.
"Lu you done any UC since uh, ya know?" Nyla asks.
"Nope. Sarge didn't send me UC after it happened. I think he just wanted to take something else from me." I tell her sipping my beer. "So I'm probably not going to get to go to the CCOA convention." I frown.
"What the fuck!" Nyla exclaims.
"Isn't CCOA California Covert Operators Association?" John asks.
"And isn't the convention only for like major UCs? Like impossible to be invited?" Jackson asks.
"Yup." I frown.
"You see all the UCS are what everyone who attends calls the star quarterbacks. But my friend, Lu and I are like the Heisman Trophy. We are legends over there and it's ridiculous if they don't invite Lu. We even have our own lecture!" Nyla exclaims.
"It's fine. I'm not a UC anymore." I shrug trying to hide how sad I am.
"I'll get my dad to invite you." Jackson shrugs then changes the conversation before I can protest.

The rest of the night everyone gets to know Nyla and I catch up with her.

I assume it was Tim, though I'm not sure how I got home.

A/N I'm so sorry for another short chapter but I've been really lazy with chapter length although I  think in the next few chapters that will be fixed because we got some big shit coming up on For, Forever And More!