Prologue/General

Hello there, person who may or may not be stumbling upon this fanfic for the first time! I'm monkeyman2020! Or monkeyman2022 because another person already took monkeyman2020. Just... just call me "Monkeyman" for short, it's simpler.

Anyway, I'll tell you about the fanfic and the fandoms I like so it's easier for someone to make suggestions. (Because yes, I take requests!) And I WILL keep this up to date (on my favorite shows, that is) so if you get confused why this is different than when it came out on December 23rd 2023, that's why.

The fanfic is one-shots relating to things I love/like/have a passionate positive energy towards! For example, an Invader Zim and Phineas and Ferb crossover one-shot! That could happen! Maybe! Probably not, but it could!

One-shots might also have multiple parts to them. (For example, that theoretical Phineas and Ferb/Invader Zim crossover one-shot would probably be broken into multiple parts. But something like, say, Richard Watterson going to a Burger King, would most likely be one part.) I know it's not technically a one-shot if I do multiple parts, but still.

Another thing; I'm going to focus my time on animated TV shows. I might also do things focused on video games, but most movies and any form of live-action entertainment will not be touched upon unless I think it'd be really cool or funny. I'll also probably not do any romance. I'm not against it, it's just I don't want to write something specifically for romance because there's less room for creativity or humor. (So unfortunately, no Walter White x Zed from Z.O.M.B.I.E.S x Baymax wedding fanfic here, you'll have to search somewhere else.) I could still include characters from movies based on TV shows, though, like Phineas and Ferb: Across the 2nd Dimension or Invader Zim: Enter the Florpus and the like.

Anyway, here are my Top Eleven Favorite Shows! (because I realized after writing paragraphs for ten of the shows that Ducktales 2017 should probably be on the list but I didn't want to put an entire paragraph to waste):

#1. Wander over Yonder - Where do I begin? For starters, Wander is one of my favorite protagonists in anything I've seen, he's nice, optimistic, endearing, funny, and he's also orange which is my favorite color. And he also has a lot of hidden depths I won't spoil for anyone who hasn't seen the show, but it also really enriches his character and makes it so rewatching the show kind of gives you some insight on why he does what he does, and practically every character is like that! Sylvia, Lord Hater, Peepers, Dominator, Emperor Awesome, Black Cube of Darkness, it's all just... so good. I haven't seen any of Craig McCracken's other shows yet (despite wanting to watch Foster's but unfortunately I don't think it's on any streaming service) but I think this one's going to remain my favorite for a looooong time.

(The next three are essentially interchangeable. My "favorite" one of the 3 changes from day to day depending on the mood.)

#~2. Phineas and Ferb - This just encapsulates everything about me. My humor, my personality, my love for dumb puns and wordplay, everything. My favorite characters (in no particular order) are Candace and Doofenshmirtz, with Phineas at a close third. Yes, Candace is (one of) my favorite character(s). She's funny and her almost deadpan snarker nature contrasts the rest of the show wonderfully. Also a show that has particular episodes that I love to rewatch, and I'm a sucker for musicals, so it's like a match made in heaven.

#~3. The Amazing World Of Gumball - This is like, the Cartoon Network show for me. It's got characters that are so endearing despite being so morally questionable, they managed to pull off the "dumb dad" character in such an endearing way (for the most part), and the show is just... funny. Can't wait for Season 7. Favorite character is Gumball, no idea who my second is, but it'd probably be either Darwin or Anais. If I had to pick one show to be able to rewatch, it would be this one, so many of the episodes are classics or hilarious or something else entirely that's just as good, ugh, I love it.