Ch 1: Beacon Academy

Narrator Pov

Tatsu was sound asleep in bed, Xari still curled up on his bed, but he woke up as the door to the room opened. Summer saw them and smiled, petting Xari's head as the small pup yawned, she shook Tatsu softly to wake him up.

Summer: "Come one Tatsu, wake up now."

Tatsu: "Five more minutes..."

Summer: "Either you wake up now, or Yang comes in to wake you."

Tatsu groaned before rubbing his eyes awake, Summer picked up Xari, who looked just as tired, and took him with her to the kitchen to eat, letting Tatsu get dressed. He walked out and stretched as he made his way into the kitchen, he yawned into his hand as a flicker of flames behind him manifested his tail out.

Summer: "I see you want to help me make breakfast."

Tatsu: "Yeah, best way to keep from bossing me around."

Summer rolled her eyes and got what she needed out, Tatsu was a good aid in the kitchen, his dexterity with his tail was quite useful for tasks in the house. As the two cooked, Ruby and Yang came downstairs, both feeling a bit tired.

Yang: "Mornin' mom, mornin' Tatsu."

Ruby: "Mornin..."

Summer: "Good morning girls, I'm making breakfast, and Tatsu is making your favorites as well."

Ruby: "Yes!"

Yang: "Woohoo!"

Ruby was shrouded with red petals that flew to a chair at the dinner table before dispersing, revealing the girl was now sitting at the table, while Yang couldn't help but laugh at her sister's excitement before sitting beside her. Tatsu chuckled as he put two trays in the oven to cook, Xari hopped on his tail as he lifted it to the counter, setting Xari down on it and carefully lifting a few plates up that Summer took.

Summer: "Thank you."

Tatsu: "Anytime."

Summer put the plates down as Tatsu pulled the trays out with his barehand, using his fire semblance to protect his hand from getting burnt by the hot metal, the smell filled the air, making Yang's and Ruby's mouths water.

Yang: "Smells delish."

Tatsu: "Yeah, but it's too hot for you eat yet."

He slid the contents onto their plates, cookies for Ruby and some spicy food for Yang, his tail slapped Ruby's hand from grabbing a cookie as it was still too hot.

Tatsu: "Hey, it needs to cool down first, and no eating cookies before the real meal."

Ruby: "Awww..."

Tatsu: "If it helps cheer you up, it's the same ones I made for your birthday."

Ruby: "REALLY?!"

Tatsu: "Yeah, so eat them after breakfast."

Ruby was bouncing excitedly, which made Yang chuckle as they dug into the eggs and bacon Summer made, Tatsu sat down with Xari on his lap, happily eating some bacon he snatched from a plate. They all finished their breakfast for Ruby and Yang to dig into the food Tatsu made for them.

Tatsu: "Is it to your liking?"

Yang: "Hell yeah."

Ruby: "Oh god, this is so good~! How do you make them so good!"

Tatsu: "It's a secret, so not sharing it."

Summer: "Tatsu, that's mean."

Tatsu: "Not being mean, making sure all of Remnant doesn't become cookie land."