Ch 4: Dragon's Fury, Past and Kindness

Narrator Pov

A week had passed since the little incident with Cardin, Jaune kept his word and trained with Aube whenever they had the chance. Currently the three teams were hanging out together, Tatsu sitting in a tree with a pen and notebook in hand, everyone else relaxing just below while Jaune and Aube were sparing, with the rest of them watching.

Aube: "Remember, you need to move your feet, don't stand still."

Jaune: "Easier said than done."

The two were currently sparring with wooden swords and shields, Jaune was struggling to keep up, but was improving. Tatsu smiled a bit, glad his words got through to Jaune in the end. He took a scale off and threw to the side, Xari jumping up high and catching it in his below letting out a fiery burp before trotting back over to team RWBY, getting pets from them all but Blake, which Tatsu could understand why.

Nella: "Hey Tatsu, you coming down any time soon?"

Tatsu: "Sure, just let me finish."

Ruby: "What are you writing?"

Tatsu: "Just notes all on my scales, you know I like to keep track of them."

Weiss: "You have even more abilities?"

Tatsu: "You don't know the half of it, I trained for years to get this level of skill with each one. The scales are annoying though."

Yang: "Haha, I still remember when you struggled with picking the right scale a few times, remember warping yourself face first into a wall?"

Tatsu: "Oh I do, I felt it after all."

Weiss: "How many types of scales do you have, we know of your elemental ones and the warping one, cuz we saw you use that to get to class."

Tatsu: "Let's see, I got my Nullify, Blood, Enhance, basically a lot."

Pyrrha: "What do those ones do exactly?"

Yang: "We can answer that, had experience with them."

Ruby: "The enhance one can boost your Aura or physical strength, I was zipping around like a bullet train!"

Yang: "The nullify can stop someone's Semblance for a while, he used it on our uncle whenever he visits to make it safe for us, Qrow doesn't mind it."

Ruby: "The blood one is very useful, it can fully heal you and replenish your Aura."

Weiss: "How is that possible?"

Tatsu: "My scales are linked with my Aura, it's how I make them trigger even from a distance. The blood ones just bathed in my Aura, which is why they heal and replenish your Aura. Bad thing is it's more Aura than the normal person can take, so to avoid possible risks, I save them for near death moments, the bonus Aura would heal you right up instantly."

Ruby: "You have a few more, right?"

Tatsu: "I do, but I prefer keeping most of my cards hidden. So don't go telling, Yang, Ruby."

Yang: "I promise, not that I would anyway."

Ruby: "I can barely remember some of them, only the elemental ones I can recall well."

Tatsu smiled softly as he wrote down in his notebook, most of it being notes on his scales, with a few combinations he could try when he has time. He tucked it away and watched Jaune and Aube's spar, smiling as they were both having fun, Aube's sword and shield clashed against his own, a bright grin on her face. Jaune had gotten better thanks to her, and was enjoying their time together.