Ch 2: Fiery First Step

Narrator Pov

While Tatsu flew above the other students, surprising both Glenda and Ozpin as they saw his wings spread out, he looked down to see the students landing in their way or style.

A/n: (2:05 to 3:12)

Aube threw her shield and it stopped midair, using it like a platform to catch herself and jump onto branch below her, the shield returning to her hand. Linda seemed to crash into the ground, but then remerged a second later and ran deeper into the forest. The brunette he saw before had a small tempest appear beneath her, slowing her fall and allowing her to land softly.

Tatsu: "That looks like fun, but I wanna get to the relic first, gives me all the more time to fight! Ozpin never said we couldn't go solo for the test, just the first person you see is your partner and we both must choose the same relic."

He slowed down to a halt, keeping himself in the air as his wings flapped, his nose twitched and guided his eyes to a small clearing, his eyes spot a few pedestals which he could guess had the relics on them. His grin grew wide as flames covered him, a slight chuckle coming out his mouth.

Tatsu: "Found it, bad idea having people put those relics there Ozpin, should have used a robot or drone, they don't have a scent for me to track

Tatsu: "Found it, bad idea having people put those relics there Ozpin, should have used a robot or drone, they don't have a scent for me to track."

His chuckle grew louder and propelled himself to the clearing, everyone heard a maniacal laugh and was on guard before looking up to a streak of fire above them, they could make out the shape of the person laughing, making them all tense and wonder who it was, but Ruby and Yang sweat dropped knowing it was Tatsu.

Ruby/Yang: 'Oh no, he's excited and most likely looking for a fight.'

As they focused back on the task at hand, Tatsu had reached the clearing, broke a few trees and left a small trail of smoke, landing with a loud crash and a small dust cloud around him. As the dust cleared he stood up, brushing some twigs and leaves off his clothes and hair. He saw the relics, his grin returning, walking over and picking up a black knight chess piece, scorching the pedestal a bit from his hand. A low growl caught his attention, slowly turning his head to the side, he saw a pack of Beowolfs snarling at him, his grin grew and he chuckled.

Tatsu: "Let's this party started!"

With that, he stored the relic away in his pocket, drawing Draconic Rage and charged the Grimm, his flames bursting out as he clashed with them, easily cutting them apart with little difficulty, leaving a trail of dead Grimm behind him as he ventured deeper into the Emerald Forest, his flames scorching the ground and trees in his path.