What If... Shadybug and Claw Noir Returned? (ShadyClaw p2)

Ladybug, Paw Noir, and Betterfly walk through Ubiquity's portal.

"I guess we should apologize." Ladybug tells Betterfly.

"There is no need, not to me. You were manipulated and used." He says. "All that is necessary now is that you make amends." The two sigh, sharing a look.

"How?"

"Well..." Betterfly gestures to his allies, who are standing, ready to fight.

"Right..." The two reformed villains step forward slowly.

"Hi." Ladybug says. "I am... sorry. I was... going through a lot, but I don't want to be the person that I was before anymore. Neither of us do."

"You tried to kill us!" Alya yells.

"Alya!" Nino nudges his girlfriend.

"No— they did! Many times!"

"We did. We can't take that back." Paw Noir states. "We understand. We don't expect forgiveness."

"We'd just... we'd like a chance to prove ourselves."

"We will do anything. We've changed."

"What made you change?"

"We... we saw versions of ourselves that... that convinced us."

"That's all it took?" Alya spits the words put like they're poison.

"You don't know what we've been through. In the other universe... it was similar. It's different, but similar enough that it gave us hope."

"We've never had that before."

Betterfly stood idly by, ready to jump into action should something bad happen.

But the four talked.

They talked for hours. Not giving enough detail to reveal Ladybug and Paw Noir's identity, they gave enough that Alya and Nino were ready to give them a chance. A chance to be good.

"Good. Go home. Start making amends in your family life. Your kwamis will no longer be under the spell of The Supreme. Get to know them. Feed them. Love them." The new heroes nod, and they leave.

Ladybug arrives home.

"Spots off." She catches her kwami, who looks sick. "Oh— oh no— oh, I'm so sorry—" Tikki coughs. "What do you need?"

"S-sugar..." she says weakly.

"Got it, I have lots of sugar. I live in a bakery." Marinette carries the kwami downstairs, essentially throwing cookies and other pastries at her as she eats them, having an affinity for strawberry macaroons. "I feel so bad—"

"You didn't know, Marinette. But I could sense that you had a goodness in you."

"I just needed help to see it."

On the other side of the city, Paw Noir realizes just where Betterfly's base is.

"... are you... Gabriel Agreste?" He asks, turning to the hero.

"How did you..." He trails off. "No one has access to my house."

"No one except your son." Paw Noir says, slowly.

"Adrien?"

"Father?"

The two embrace. It had been so long since they had done so, and they cry. They cry and hold each other for a long time.

"Son." Betterfly wipes Paw Noir's tears. "We need to take care of your kwami." He nods quickly.

"Claws in." He catches his kwami. "Oh—"