What If... A Reveal?

Request from Flameriser18

Alya Césaire is a curious young woman who is... frequently getting herself into trouble in the pursuit of truth. Today? Today was no different.

"Alya?!" Ladybug scolds as she sees her friend dangling from the akuma's clutches.

"Ladybug!" She yells.

"M'Lady." Chat lands next to her. "I see our faithful journalist is stuck again."

"Yea. Let's do this." The two lunge into action.

After taking down the akuma, Chat holds his hand out.

"Pou—"

"Alya." Ladybug puts her hands on her hips. "You cannot keep putting yourself in danger."

"Well, if I could get an interview—"

"You're going to get yourself seriously hurt. You need to stop." And with that, Ladybug swings away.

"She's just looking out for you." Chat Noir reassures Alya before taking off.

Anger boils in Alya's stomach. How dare Ladybug continually blow her off?! She is doing important work! The world needed to know more about her and Chat Noir. Otherwise, the world could turn on them. She was doing it for their safety!

Alya dials her best friend's number, only to be met by her voice-mail.

"Hey, it's Marinette! Leave a message!"

"Where is that girl?!" She growls to herself, ending the call. Ladybug didn't even have the decency to drop her off at home like she usually does. Before she even has time to process what is happening, a purple mask takes over her field of vision.

"Lady WiFi, I am Hawkmoth. I heard through the grapevine that you're seeking to unmask Ladybug... I'd like to help you if you agree to help me too."

"No!" She groans, clutching her head.

"Oh, don't be like that, I just want to find out who they are. That's what you want, right? To keep them safe? If you get me their Miraculous, then they will be safe. Maybe you can even find your missing friend while you're at it."

"Anything to protect them." Starting at her phone, a dark purple ether bubbles up around her.

Across the city, Ladybug lands in Marinette's room, her transformation falling off.

"That was a close call, Tikki."

"Too close for comfort."

"Are you sure we can't give Alya an interview? I hate blowing her off like that."

"It's for your safety, Marinette. The more the public knows about you, the more Hawkmoth knows about you!" Marinette sighs, feeding her kwami.

"You're right." A purple message flashes on her computer screen, and as Marinette turns to look, Lady WiFi materializes.

"Marinette!" Tikki hides.

"What— who—" Marinette catches a glimpse of the charm of LadyWiFi's phone. "Alya?!"

"You should really check your messages!" Marinette ducks out of the way as LadyWiFi throws a pause button at her. Marinette manages to escape her room, barely. "Marinette~!" The villainess sings.

"Oh no, Tikki, this is—"

"This isn't your fault, Marinette!"

"It is, it really is. Spots on!" In a flash, her suit encases her. Power courses through her veins, and she takes off, calling her partner.