What If... Betterfly Met Monarch? (ShadyClaw)

"Fall in!" Monarch yells after the paralyzation wears off. "This isn't right... this isn't right... what's going on?! Voyage!" He comes face to face with Betterfly, reformed Shadybug, reformed Claw Noir, Ladybug, Chat Noir, and Alya. "What is going on here?!" He demands as Betterfly gasps, standing in front of the children.

"You. You must be my evil twin. How dare you?!"

"You." Monarch's eyes narrow, flickering between the heroes and the reformed villains. "... you're... me?"

"What would Emilie say if she saw you now?" Claw Noir and Chat Noir look to Betterfly in shock. Alya looks around.

"Emilie?" Chat mumbles.

"I'm doing this for Emilie!" Monarch demands, the heroes looking between the two butterfly holders.

"Is this what she would want?" Betterfly asks. "Is our son okay? Does he know what his father has become?"

"Do not talk to me about my son!" Monarch crosses the distance between them, Ladybug's brain working overtime to connect the dots. Emilie. Their son.

"Do not come any closer, or I will detransform."

"You wouldn't." He pauses.

"To end your reign, I would." The two stare at each other, neither backing down.

"You wouldn't."

"Is that a chance you're willing to take?" Monarch hesitates. "Think about our son. How would he react to his father doing such heinous acts?"

"I'm doing this to bring his mother back. So we can be a family again."

"What happened to having nothing to lose?" Ladybug asks.

"My wife is gone."

"And your son isn't worth living for?" Betterfly demands. Monarch falters.

Claw Noir takes his chance, extending his staff, smacking Monarch square in the jaw. Monarch stumbles, and Shadybug takes the opportunity to lunge forward, grabbing the Miraculous of the Monkey off of his head and tossing it to Ladybug.

"Tikki, Xuppu, unify!" In a flash of light, Ladybug becomes Lady Monkey, and she raises her staff.

"You..." Monarch glowers at the group of heroes. "How-"

"Stompp only protects you from attacks." Ladybug/Lady Monkey tells him, standing tall. "Back down. You cannot win this fight."

"You are still useless."

"Not completely. Light wings fall." Everyone gasps as Betterfly's transformation falls away.

"Father?" Claw Noir says in a small voice. Alya gasps as she realizes what's going on.

"Adrien?" Gabriel Agreste looks to Claw Noir in shock. Monarch falters for only a moment as he and Chat Noir make eye contact, realizing what that means for them. Ladybug and Shadybug make eye contact, but Ladybug shakes her head, hoping.

"You..." Chat looks at Monarch. "No. My father may be distant and cold... but... he's... he's not a monster..." Ladybug wrestles with the fact that the man she loves... is also the man who is in love with her and how his father is Monarch.

The only thing running through her mind is that no matter how twisted it is... it makes sense. How she saw Adrien with the Grimoire. How Chat was adamant on proving Gabriel's innocence. The timing of Gabriel's akumatization. Why and how Félix betrayed her. It's like a puzzle that was missing a piece. The man she looked up to. The man she hated, no, the man she wanted dead was the man she respected, her idol!