Chapter Three: New Home

In the presence of Naruto, the golden ray of sunshine, Kira's world expanded. As Naruto held her in his arms, the warmth of the encounter resonated deep within her. A sense of knowing surged within her, an instinctual connection that bound them together. Kira, in her sleepy state, stretched out all four paws, almost causing Naruto to drop her. However, as her eyes met his, a tingle of recognition filled her chest – he was her human, and she would protect him with her life.

Overwhelmed by excitement, Kira licked Naruto's face and wriggled out of his clumsy embrace. Her joy knew no bounds as she jumped around him and onto him, expressing her happiness in the only way she knew. The Third Hokage observed the interaction with amusement, noting the immediate bond forming between the young ninja and the spirited wolf pup.

Third: "Oh my, he seems to like you already."

The remark caught Kira off guard. He? A moment of realization struck her, and she lowered her head between her front legs. Yes, she was a boy. In the realm of wolves, gender held a different significance, and Kira, now aware of her canine identity, embraced the fact with nonchalance. In this new life and world, being a male wolf was the least of her concerns.

Naruto chuckled at Kira's energetic display, finding amusement in the wolf pup's playful antics.

Naruto: "He's silly, hehe."

As Kira settled down a bit, Naruto began to tentatively pet her. His awkward attempts at gentle touching were met with the warmth of Kira's acceptance. The wolf pup melted into Naruto's cautious touch, pressing her fluffy head against his hand.

Observing the bond forming between the ninja and his newfound companion, the Third Hokage interjected with a question.

Third: "What will be his name?"

As Naruto contemplated a fitting name, Kira couldn't help but share her thoughts on the matter. A silent plea echoed in her mind – please, not Ramen. She couldn't fathom being named after a meal, fishcake or not.

Naruto, seemingly caught in the moment, suggested, "Hmm... What about... Ramen! Ramen!"

Kira tilted her head, a visible frown expressing her disapproval. The idea of being named after a bowl of noodles was less than appealing to the discerning wolf pup. The Third Hokage, attuned to Kira's reaction, intervened diplomatically.

Third: "How about something else? I don't think he would want to be called that; he's looking at you weirdly."

Considering an alternative, Naruto proposed, "Then how about Aoi? He has blue eyes after all."

Kira wagged her tail in approval, finding the name unoriginal but suitable. Aoi it was – a name that hinted at the mesmerizing hues of her eyes. With the naming settled, the promise of a shared journey lay ahead, filled with pranks, adventures, and the unspoken vow of protection against the villagers who had mistreated Naruto.

Third: "Very nice name, well then I'll be on my way."

As the Hokage departed, a moment of silence enveloped Naruto and Kira, now named Aoi. The shared silence between Aoi and Naruto, thick with uncertainty, eventually broke as Naruto stirred and rose from his seat at the kitchen table. Aoi followed him into the kitchen corner, where Naruto poured water into a bowl. A hint of nervousness tinged Naruto's smile as he placed the bowl on the ground. Aoi, curious, approached and sniffed the water. The scent of water, an unexpected revelation, didn't escape Aoi's keen senses. With a quick lapping motion, he consumed the water, the events with Orochimaru lingering in the recesses of his memory.

A shiver ran through Aoi's body, and Naruto, attuned to his new companion's distress, immediately embraced him. A torrent of comforting words poured from Naruto, a familiarity born from a lonely childhood. Aoi reciprocated with a reassuring lick, sensing that Naruto needed solace just as much as he did. In that shared moment of vulnerability, a bond formed between them.