03 ┊ HEATED UP.

UNLEASHED COMBAT POWER,              ???━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━"Sick venom in men and women overcome with prideA perfect world is never perfect, only filled with lies

UNLEASHED COMBAT POWER, ???
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
"Sick venom in men and women overcome with pride
A perfect world is never perfect, only filled with lies."
*ੈ✩‧₊𖤓

MUSIC FLOODED AKIRA'S EARS, instantly putting her in focus mode. She was permitted by both Vice-Captain Hoshina and Operations Leader Okonogi to wear comfortable earbuds while participating.

Akira, wearing tight black leggings and a black baggy shirt, her natural curly hair pulled back into a long ponytail, moved through the challenges with grace and strength.

During their endurance workout, Akira jogged with a good lead behind her. She reflected on the conversation she had with Reno and Kafka regarding every facet of the Fitness exam.

Reno and Kafka sat on the bench in the empty locker room, Akira leaning back against the empty lockers. Reno wanted to talk to both before the fitness test started, so she stayed mute.

"Since the second section is essentially a wild card, the content changes every year, so it's hard to prepare for it. The second section is all about general aptitude, and examinees are pretty much up against the wall the whole time."

Kafka had a fleeting insight. "So it's crucial that we score points here in the fitness test."

"So much for getting the most points as possible." She thought, almost wanting to bang her head up against a brick wall.

"Kafka doesn't seem to be doing so well. He's not catching up, and we're almost done. But Reno appears to be doing well."
Glancing up ahead, she saw a tall, sturdily built, tan-skinned young guy with short, spiky mint green hair ahead of her, crossing the finish line a few seconds ahead of her.

She was a little out of breath, but her physical training paid off when she ranked second out of 226 competitors without any problems. Shortly after Akira, Kikoru Shinomiya, Haruichi Izumo, and Iharu Furuhashi placed third, fourth, and fifth.

"Looks like you needed it. Congratulations on second place. I thought for sure I'd catch up to you," he joked.

She pulled out her phone, closed her playlist, and sat up against a shade tree. Looking up to see a taller male with medium-length dark sea-green hair in a half-bun holding a water bottle out in her direction with a kind grin on his lips.

Akira returned the acknowledgment with a smile, her long eyelashes fluttering as she blinked and took the water bottle from his hand. "Thanks," she said, feeling a rush of relief and refreshment. "You did great out there too."

The young man sat down beside her, taking a swig from his water bottle. "I'm Haruichi, by the way. I've heard a lot about you from the other examinees. You're pretty impressive."