CHAPTER 5

In the quaint city of Banglore, where tradition and modernity coexisted in harmony, the families of Siddharth and Sindhu were gearing up for the pre-wedding ceremony. While their parents were enthusiastic about the alliance, Siddharth and Sindhu they weren't particularly interested in the arranged marriage. Fate, however, had a whimsical plan in store for them.

As the day of the formal meeting approached, Siddharth, dressed in traditional attire, accompanied by his family, made their way to Sindhu's house. The air was thick with the fragrance of marigold garlands, and the vibrant hues of the decorations seemed to reflect the conflicting emotions within the hearts of the bride and groom.

Sindhu, adorned in a beautiful marron saree, greeted her guests with a polite smile that masked her inner turmoil. Siddharth, too, put on a facade of congeniality, attempting to navigate through the ceremony with grace.

Amidst the exchange of pleasantries, Sindhu's eyes inadvertently met Siddharth's. Suddenly, a flicker of recognition sparked in her eyes. She couldn't believe her own realization—the boy standing before her, the groom-to-be, was the same person she had a secret crush on.

Stunned and perplexed, Sindhu struggled to maintain her composure. The realization unfolded like an unexpected twist in a story she never saw coming.

As the ceremony progressed, Sindhu found herself stealing glances at Siddharth, her mind racing with a myriad of emotions. Conflicted between the societal expectations and her own heart, she grappled with the irony of the situation—she had unknowingly harbored feelings for the very man her parents had chosen for her.

" Another one of these meetings. Such a waste of time". Siddharth muttered

"Siddharth, it is a ritual ...please be patient". Satish said 

Later, as the families engaged in casual conversation, Sindhu mustered the courage to approach Siddharth privately. The air between them was charged with unspoken words.

"Hello, Siddharth. I hope you had a comfortable journey". Sindhu said smiling nervously.

"Yeah, it was fine". Siddharth said annoyingly.

"So, Siddharth, do you have any hobbies or interests?". Sindhu asked trying to lighten the mood.

"Not really. I'm not into all this stuff". Siddharth said without looking at her.

Sindhu, although disheartened by Siddharth's lack of enthusiasm, decided to steer the conversation in a different direction.

"Oh, come on, everyone has something they enjoy. What about movies or music"? Sindhu said teasingly.

"I don't watch many movies, and music is just noise to me". Siddharth said while shrugging.

Sindhu couldn't help but feel a pang of disappointment. She had hoped for some common ground, something to bridge the gap between them.

"Well, I love cricket. Do you follow any sports?" Sindhu asked while trying to find a connection.

"Yeah, I like cricket, I guess." Siddharth said.

"Really? I'm a big fan too! Who's your favorite player?" Sindhu asked.

"Don't have one. I just watch when it's on." Siddharth said.

Despite Siddharth's lukewarm responses, Sindhu couldn't shake off the fact that he was the same person she had secretly admired for a long time. connecting the dots between the unenthusiastic man before her and the one she had admired from a distance.

As the conversation continued, Sindhu's thoughts raced. Siddharth, oblivious to Sindhu's revelation, maintained his stoic demeanor. The irony of the situation was not lost on Sindhu – the man she had a crush on was now the groom-to-be, and he seemed entirely uninterested in the prospect.

As the meeting concluded, both families exchanged pleasantries, and Sindhu found herself caught in a whirlwind of conflicting emotions. The man she had fantasized about turned out to be a far cry from her expectations, and yet, a glimmer of hope lingered. Perhaps, beneath Sindhu's indifferent exterior, there was more to be discovered—a story waiting to unfold.

HY LOVELY READERS...HOW IS THE CHAPTER, NEXT CHAPTER IS GOING TO BE FAR MORE INTRESTING.

"PLEASE DO VOTE,COMMENT AND SHARE".

"I KNOW ITS A SMALL CHAPTER BUT I PROMISE NEXT ONE IS GOING TO BE THE INTRESTING.

UNTILL THEN ENJOY THE STORY.