025 ALL FEAR THE FREAK

A beep from her phone got Lydia to glance away from her homework, picking up the device and opening it to read the text message from Velma. "Midnight." Was all it read. Velma wanted to get more information on the Planispheric disc, and since Mayor Jones clearly knew something about it he wasn't telling, she had the idea to break into City Hall to look through his things for answers.

As Lydia went to put her phone back down, it beeped again, followed with the screen lighting up with a message from Fred saying they're all set. She wasn't sure how comfortable she was feeling about everything since Glory had to reveal her background, though the bigger shock came with Angel also being one of the members of the original Mystery Incorporated, and Velma knew but kept it a secret.

But Lydia couldn't be upset about Velma keeping secrets since she did the same with Glory.

As the time drew closer to midnight, she finally got up, easily able to grab her skateboard and walk out the front door. She didn't even know if her mother was home, but she was probably working a late shift. Still, Lydia started off, ignoring the start to a headache as she rolled down the street. It didn't take long for her to turn onto the street with City Hall, Lydia knew enough shortcuts in Crystal Cove that it was easy.

She gave the best smile she could when Shaggy waved to her, he, Scooby-Doo and Velma sitting on the front steps to the building while Daphne stood off to the side worriedly hugging herself. "No Fred?" Lydia asked quietly, stepping off her skateboard before scooping it up, leaning against the railing to the steps. Velma shook her head, the three holding cups of hot liquid. If Lydia had to guess, it was probably hot chocolate for Shaggy and Scooby, while Velma had coffee.

"Fred!" They all turned their attention to Daphne as she called out softly, moving quickly to embrace the blond as he approached. "We were getting worried." She frowned. He only nodded slightly, clearly still upset at the idea of his dad having more to do with this than he let on. "Like, where's the Mystery Machine?" Shaggy piped up as the three stood up from the stairs.

"I left it at home in case my dad woke up. " Then he held up the keys to his father's office, "I'm still not happy about all of this." Velma quickly snatched the keys from him, offering an apologetic smile. "We're just going to check out his office." She assured, though he continued to frown, "Fine... But I know he's not involved in the cursed treasure or the Planispheric disc, no matter what Pericles says."

Daphne hummed slightly before glancing at Velma and Lydia, "If you ask me, we should be investigating Angel and Glory. They're the ones that've been hiding... secrets." "Subtle." Velma sighed, turning to look at the redhead, "I thought we were over this..."

"Like, you did choose Angel over us." Shaggy shrugged. Lydia frowned a bit, biting at her lip, "Glory said she was gonna tell you guys soon..." She muttered. "Enough! Let's just get this done." Fred sighed.

Velma took the lead, using the keys to unlock the doors to City Hall, letting them inside while Daphne hung back to talk to Fred quietly. By the time the two joined them, Mystery Incorporated had made it to Mayor Jones' office, Velma carefully pushing the door open as she flicked on her flashlight.

"Okay, gang, fan out. We're looking for... well, I'm not sure." She shrugged. Lydia wandered over to one corner of the room, glancing over a bookcase just as Shaggy and Scooby suddenly yelped, jumping into Fred and landing in a heap on the ground. She actually turned around worriedly when glass shattered, and she saw Fred holding up a photo of his mother from the broken frame.

"Guys, I think I found something." Velma gasped, walking past them to the hidden compartment in Mayor Jones' desk. In it was a large papyrus sticking up. She picked it up as everyone else gathered around her, and she carefully unraveled it to reveal was was on it.