12. The Alliance.

Layla's p.o.v.

I am speechless. 'Potitin is trusting us with the care of his sister?!' "I can fish for you if you want, I'm in the sea everyday so it wouldn't be a problem." The dark blue male in front of us offers. "That would be awesome, thanks." I reply. I glance at Winger, and he doesn't look as surprised as I expected. He's looking at the floor, avoiding our eyes. "Winger, why do you look like you know something?" I ask him. "Well," Winger looks up at me. "Cloud already told me their backstory. I was going to tell you all, but then everything happened, and I guess I forgot." Potitin look Winger over. "I knew there was more to why she protected you. I just didn't know what it was. Now I do." Winger looks as confused as me. Potitin grins and walks over to point to where Winger's leg had been broken. "Cloud didn't just protect you; she healed you. Knowing what it would do to her. If she really told you our story, then that means she trusts you. Cloud doesn't trust easily, and she doesn't trust just anyone."

'Wow, just wow. She must have told him when they were on the beach. This explains so much: why Cloud can't fly, why they don't trust humans.' Suddenly Cloud starts growling and thrashing in her sleep. Potitin runs over and starts licking her face, making a purring sound. After Cloud has relaxed, Potitin turns back to us. "I'll go start fishing, and maybe get you some seaweed." "Cloud mentioned seaweed, what does it do?" I take the opportunity to ask. "It makes a great bandage. It keeps the wound moist and keeps the germs out. It's also healthy for the skin and it sticks to your scales. Only problem is, once a day you need to take it off so the wound can air out. If you don't, it could cause an infection." Potitin happily answers and heads out the doors. 'Fascinating. I wonder if it's just one type of seaweed in general? Mental note: ask when he brings the fish.' 

I decide that we all need to talk, so we gather in the Training Yard. "Ok guys. Potitin is trusting us with Cloud so we can't mess up. Winger, you've been doing a great job on the night shifts, but it's too much. You're never getting any sleep. I'm going to help you, so we can take turns. Summer, it's not fair for Potitin to do all our fishing, so you think you could help him? The rest of us will need to work harder because Winger sill be sleeping during the day and Summer will be fishing." "I can defiantly help him with the fishing. I want to see how much he knows about the ocean anyway. But are you sure I should do it during the day?" Summer replies. "Layla, you're on the right track, but I don't think this is how we should go about it. Sure, I'm tired a lot, but at least it's just me. If we're all tired, we won't be able to help anyone." Winger adds. 'He's right. But how else can we do it?' "I have an idea." Dak says. "Winger and Layla can take shifts during the night, then one of them can always be sleeping. And Summer can help Potitin in the mornings. Leaving the rest of the day for rescuing!" "That's a good idea Dak. Let's go with that." I agree. "There's still one thing we haven't asked yet." Cutter says, making us all look at him. "Potitin said that him and his sisters were born with elemental powers, right? So... What are they?"

There you go, sorry it took me longer to get this one out. Really busy weekend. Any who, I just want to put out there that I made all that seaweed stuff up. I have no idea if it's true or not. Haha. So, what do you think of Potitin so far? And what do you think the siblings' elemental powers are? Comment and let me know! I love reading the Comments (As long as they're clean and appropriate) and seeing what you all think of my book. 

Have a wonderful Day/Night! 🐾🦈