29. The Meeting.

3rd p.o.v.

Midnight.

Everyone is gathered at Myrrh's clearing. "Ok Cloud. What's this about?" Potitin asks his sister. Cloud gets up from her spot under a tree and walks to the center of the circle. All eyes are on the silver dragoness as she starts the meeting. "I asked you to come here because we have a problem: a male Swiftwing. We've tried attacking before, but seeing the needless violence, I stopped the attack." "Yeah, we know. So what's the solution to this problem you've caused?" Slash interrupts, irritated. "I think, and you guys won't like it, that we should consider accepting Winger into our pack." Potitin and Slash are stunned, and Slash can barely restrain herself from lunging at her sister. "You want to What?!" She yells loudly. "Hold on, hear her out." Myrrh says calmly from the edge of the clearing. "Fine." Slash sits back down grumpily. Meanwhile Potitin is still trying to register what Cloud had proposed. He liked Winger and didn't want to see him or his family hurt, but accepting him into the pack? 

"I know what your all probably thinking, but I." "Uh hm!" "I mean, Myrrh and I, have come up with a plan." Potitin perks up at this and Slash stops sharpening her claws. "What if we held... a series of tests. We all would have a chance to compete against Winger, and if he won, we would let him stay." Everyone looks thoughtful at this. "What kind of competition would it be?" Potitin asks. "We haven't got that far yet. I guess you would decide." Myrrh replies. "We could have two parts, each part with three races so each of us would have a chance to test him." Potitin says, getting excited. "I could do like, a swimming thing, or fish catching, or..." "Yeah! And I could do a ground race and an air race!" Cloud cuts through her brother's thoughts. "Ugh. If we're going to do this, I guess I could challenge him at hunting, or maybe a fight." Slash sighs, giving in to her sibling's excitement. "But wait. It's only three test per part. When's Myrrh going to challenge him?" Both Potitin and Cloud freeze at Slash's question.

After a minute of silence, Myrrh starts laughing. "I'm not going to challenge him. Haha! While you are off doing your things, I'll be watching Winger. This way, I can make sure you all play fair." Myrrh turns to glare at Slash. "What? I'm a fair player." Everyone but Slash rolls their eyes. "If you each test him with things that he would have to know to join, that would tell you if Winger would survive being a member of this pack." Myrrh points out to her siblings. Potitin nods. "To be honest, it would be kinda nice to not have to worry about patrolling the island by myself every other hour." "And to have someone new to train. He's a horrible fighter, it might be nice to show him how it's really done." Slash grudgingly admits. "So, when do we want to hold the tests?" Cloud asks, thrilled at how well things are going. "Hold up. We don't even know if he wants to join our pack." Slash cuts in. "He wants to live on the island! If he was going to leave, he would have done it back when we attacked him. He just doesn't know that joining our pack is the only way for him to do that." Cloud defends. "Ok, calm down. We can ask him before we tell him our plan. As for when we should have it, I don't know." Potitin sighs. "We still a lot left to figure out." "Let's keep meeting here at midnight these next couple of nights. When we have it all figured out, you can ask him if he's willing to do this." Myrrh tells her siblings, ending the meeting. 

Wow, that's quite the plan. Do you think Winger will do it? What tests do you think he'll have to face? Cloud's really put a lot of effort into this. Do you think it's worth it? 

Hey you guys! I hope you like this chapter. There's a lot more group chapters ahead. So you'll get to see some more interacting and dynamics. Comment and talk to me, I enjoy hearing from you guys. See ya! 🐾🐚🪶