28. The Lullaby.

Cloud's p.o.v.

Winger stands up and takes a deep breath before he starts Blazing the floor. "Good. Now you just turn in a circle with it aimed under you. When you're done, stop and lay in the flames. They won't burn long, but the floor should be nice and warm." As he follows my instructions, I can't help but feel... duty bound. 'I can't mess this meeting up. His life on this island is counting on my ability to convince my siblings to let him and his friends stay. His family is counting on me. The village is counting on me. He's counting on me. Even I'm counting on me.' I shake my head to clear my thoughts. "Wow, you weren't kidding. This is awesome. Thanks for teaching me, Cloud." I grin. Winger is curled in a loose ball with little blue flames still flickering around him. 'He's so relaxed here. I can't fail. I won't fail.' I nuzzle my head into his and his eyes widen in surprise. "Night Winger. See you in the morning." I murmur softly to him, laying down close to him. I softly start singing my mother's lullaby. 

"~Where the north wind, meets the sea. There's a river, full of memory. Sleep my darling safe and sound. For in this river all is found~"

"~In her water's, deep and true. Lay the answers, and a path for you. Dive down deep into her sound. But not too far or you'll be drowned ~"

"~Yes, she will sing to those who hear. And in her voice, all magic flows. But can you brave what you must fear? Can you face, what the river knows?~"

"~Where the north wind, meets the sea. There's a mother, full of memory. Come my darling homeward bound. For when all is lost, all is found.~"

Winger is long asleep when I finish, and I see Myrrh appear at the emergency exit at the other end of the cave. "You remembered it." I smile as I get up and join her. "I couldn't possibly forget. She would sing it to me every night." Myrrh's eyes are shiny, she was or is still crying. I turn towards the opening. "Let's go back to your clearing. We have a lot to talk about before the others get there." Myrrh nods and follows me into the night. 

We fly in silence, each in our own thoughts. When we land, I work up the confidence to ask Myrrh what she thought. "Well, it's complicated. In some ways I agree with you, in others I don't." 'Oh no.' Myrrh must have sensed my doubts because she hurriedly continues. "I agree with you when it comes to personality, and he seemed more aware of his surroundings than the others. But I just can't see him surviving some of the fight's you guys get yourselves into. So, I've come up with an idea to help all of us." I perk up at this. 'Myrrh usually has really smart ideas, the fact that she took the time to come up with one...'  "What is it?" I ask excitedly.

Two in one day! I'm on a roll! I wasn't planning on using an actual song when I originally wrote this, but then I watched Frozen Two and it just fit so well. I hope you all enjoyed. What do you think Myrrh's plan is? Comment and tell me. Till next time. 🐾🌱🦎