Chapter 6: Mud Digger

In a swamp where speed is restricted, how would you fight?
.
.
.
.
.

The Mud Digger jumps into the mud and swims towards the trio.

Emul: It's coming, Kakudai!

Sunraku: How the hell is it swimming? This mud is shallow as fuck.

Kakudai: Stop asking questions and dodge!

The Mud Digger jumps out of the mud and tries to bite them.

Sunraku: Slide Move.
(enhanced version of Tap Step. Dodge attacks with a gliding motion)

Kakudai: Flash Sheath.
(enhanced version of Quick Draw. Dash in a straight line that can evade attacks and does small damage if hit)

Sunraku: Kakudai! Our enhanced skills gained from fighting Lycaon is what will decide this battle's outcome!

Kakudai: Yeah, I know!

Right as Mud Digger comes down to bite them, they use their skills to attack the boss.

Sunraku: Repel Counter.
(enhanced version of Just Parry. Launch a powerful strike right after deflecting an attack)

Kakudai: Opposition Swing.
(enhanced version of Vertical Sicer. If used perfectly, teleport up and swing down dealing damage)

Emul: I expected nothing less, guys!

Both skills land as Mud Digger jumps back down into the mud and prepares to attack again.

Sunraku: *thinking* We managed to get by, but the problem is what to do next. I still have 10 seconds until I can reuse any of my skills! Until then, I can't avoid any of it's attacks!

Kakudai: Stop worrying Sunraku, we still have another person in our party!

On cue, Emul uses Magic Edge to summon a magic slicer that damages and pushes the boss back.

Emul: A decisive blow!

Sunraku: Woah, was that magic?!

Kakudai: As I said Sunraku, stop worrying so much, you got two other people here with you.

Sunraku: *thinking*He's right, I've been in the solo mindset until now, but we still have Emul on your side.

Sunraku: Thanks for that wake-up call Kakudai!

Kakudai: Heh, finally you're having fun!

Sunraku: Since she set up this chance for us, we shouldn't let it go to waste! Let's go both of you! 
Accel. (temporarily increases attack power and agility)

Kakudai: Accel.

Sunraku: And then... we attack! Spiral Edge! (enhanced version of Skew Pierce)

Kakudai: OK. Barrage Slices.

Mud DIgger: GRAHHH!!

Sunraku: Let's keep the pressure on! Edge Climb. (climb vertical surfaces using bladed weapons)

Kakudai: And I'll keep attacking down here! Emul, go with Sunraku! Screwdriver. (enhanced version of Skew Pierce when used with katana)

Sunraku: Emul, can you fire off a huge spell?!

Emul: You bet I can! Add Spell.

Sunraku: Hoi! Hoi! Hoi!

Sunraku jumps on top of the Mud Digger's nose and hops around, when the boss is about to swallow Sunraku and Emul.