Chapter 8: Pencilgon

Sunraku: *thinking* My garbage game friend, The Pencil Warrior or in this game, Arthur Pencilgon.. To explain her deal, I'll need to tell you about a certain garbage game...

Flashback

Unite Rounds

Sunraku(narrator): A doomsday looting game, that's what we call it. As for the game's original purpose..It was to save a kingdom on the verge of ruin by making players become knights, to do battle against invading monsters.

Sunraku(narrator): However, in being faithful to being overly realistic, the drop rates were exceptionally low. EVen beginner quests needed you to search for over 12 hours to get the required amount . Naturally, the higher the item grade, the lower the chances of getting it shot up.

Sunraku(narrator): So, what was the player's solution to this problem? "Just steal it." It's fine if you just raid NPC stores, or attack the players who raided them. For Unite Rounds that was the correct answer. 

Sunraku(narrator): In essence, it was fair to say everyone was your enemy. But throughout the chaose, there was one player, who managed to seize control of the kingdom.

Pencil Warrior: We'll split the riches and drops. Everybody gets their share, alright?

Players: YEAH!!!!

And the Pencil Kingdom came out of nowhere.

Katsuo: Hey, Sunraku.

Sunraku: What, Katsuo?

Katsuo: I could swear this game wasabout protecting the kingdom from invading monsters.

Sunraku: Was it? I thought it was about toppling a communist despot of a demon lord?

Sunraku(narrator): She was incomparable to the to the last boss at the end of the storyline. Her list of misdeeds are so vile I don't think I could even say it.

Sunraku: RIght then, let's overthrow her with the power of capitalism.

Sunraku(narrator): She was given the name Dystopia Empress.And all was in the palm of her hand.

Pencil Warrior: So, you used the rebel army's invasion as a decoy and sent a elite few to come after the inner citadel. Not half bad.

Sunraku: Ha! You could have could've at least set some more traps for our teeth to sink into.

Katsuo: It wa so easygoing, we blasted through without a second look.

Pencil Warrior: I see, Sunraku and RObbery Katsuo...Those condescending laughs of yours really pisses me off. Come on then, it's the final battle. Can you bring me down, and become "Knights of Revolution".

Present

Sunraku: *thinking* In Unite Rounds, our attacks landed simultaneously, so it ended in a draw.

Pencilgon speed up towards Sunraku and tries to pierce him. But Sunraku dodges and Pencilgon is sent flying from her accelaration. But she stops her acceleration by stabbing her sword in the ground and throws 3 posion daggers towards Sunraku that he blocks.

Sunraku: Those daggers clearly have the poison attribute.

Pencilgon: Just so you know, thosedaggers are pretty expensive for a disposable item. By the way, what's your level right now, Sunraku?

Pencilgon: If the both of you have beaten the Mud Digger then your levels should be around 30, you've been dodging me well, considering. And also, why didn't you tell me about this friend of yours. When Katsuo told me about him I was so suprised that you even had one other than us.