Chapter 26: Discussion at the Square Table

Saiga-100: What we want is useful information leading us to Lycaon the Nightslayer. And in exhange for that, we will offer you both a way to remove the markings.

Sunraku: You can do that?!

Saiga-100: The method is pretty well-known, but work with us, and it will be a hundred times easier than doing it from scratch.

Sunraku: *thinking* That means I can finally get these off of me..it's been helpful sometimes but I'd kill to be able to equip any armor I want.

Saiga-100: Our final goal is to defeat Lycaon the Nightslayer. But I have to admit, we have yet to take on a single "unique" monster. If we blindly rushed in without any information, we'd get demolished.

Sunraku: *thinking* How much should I tell them? About "Vorpal Epic", the "unique scenario" we're doing right now? No way I'll talk about Rabituza, or the palace, Vysache, or all the other bunnies (plus that cat).

Kakudai puts a hand on his shoulders and whispers to him.

Kakudai: Relax, just think about what you wanna say, and say it.

Sunraku: Whoo...well, I think that we can't beat unique monsters strictly by fighting them. Before we battled Wezaemon, we had to finish a "EX Unique Scenario" first. 

Pencilgon: Right. But that's not the problem with Lycaon. You encountered him on random. Chances are you'd need to flip some other scenraio flags to even encounter him.

Saiga-100: And those flags are most likely hidden in the new region unlocked with the update.

Pencilgon: I can't say for sure, but if there are inactive flags around, I think they'll be connected to the two uniques that are yet to be found.

The Professor: Well, here's what we know about the seven uniques so far. 

Lycaon the Nightslayer
A black wolf encountered randomly. Word is she's actually female.

Ctarnidd the Abyss
An octopus-type monster that appears in oceans. No player has seen it in person, however our info comes from half-crazed NPCs.

Siegwurm The Sky Ruler
A golden dragon encountered randomly. As with Lycaon, a lot of eye-witnesses but it flies too high up to touch. It's fightable in the "Magnanimous Sanctuary", where it constantly looks for heroes to challenge.

The Orchestra Of The Doom Echo
Discovered by a player who raided the royal library of Ainverth, the kingdom ruling over the entire new region. It controls tsunamis, is clad in fire and can summon lightning. But outside of it's name, nothing else is known.

The Professor: And the fifth, Wezaemon the Tombguard, which you guys defeated. We, the "Library" have done a lot of research but we don't have much non-public info on him. 

Pencilgon: You don't huh? BLIP

Kakudai: She's gonna do something, isn't she?

Cazzo: Of course, that's always like her.

Pencilgon: Well, check this out! It's the Tome Of Truth(Tombguard Edition)! Packed full of with valuable info on Wezaemon!

The Professor: What?! 

Pencilgon: It's an insanely rare item, one I'd normally never let go of,but if someone like you, who knows how important how precious this book is, I might give it to you for the right pri- consideration. What do you think?

Kakudai: *sweatdrops* She almost let her true intentions slip out.

The Professor: Yes, please! I'll pay whatever you want!