Chapter 13: A Lesson To Be Taught

After the conversation Lanz and Meilla had last night about her bullying problem, the daughter of the Scarlet Huntsman is now seen in her Kakure Academy uniform as she and her mother, Mei, stands in front of the doorway. To add the finishing touches of Meilla's clopthing, Mei fixes her untied ribbon. As she fixes this, Meilla couldn't help but have a nervous look on her face.

Meilla: Do I really have to go to school today? I thought I won't be going to school today...

Mei: Yes, Meilla. You have to. And what made you think that you won't go to school today.

Meilla: Well, I figured that after Uncle Lanz told me to tell you about my problems at school, I thought you guys would allow me to stay at home for a few days.

Mei: Meilla. As much as I wanted to, school is very important for you. If you don't go to school, you'll get left behind and you'll have troubles catching up to one of your lessons.

Meilla: I know. But still... I really don't feel like attending school today. Especially with you know...

Mei: Meilla...

Meilla's mother grabs her attention by gently pinching her chin and turns her head towards her as she gives her daughter an assuring smile.

Mei: I know your school life is hard. But sometimes, this is a good thing.

Meilla: The bullying?!

Mei: Yes... well, no, bullying is bad and always will be. But what I meant is; even though what you're experiencing at school is bad, it's a good lesson for you to know that there are alot of mean people in the world and that you should always be cautious to everyone you meet. But not too cautious though, cause you'll be really lonley if you go on that route hehe...

Meilla: Oh...

Mei then sighs as she then says...

Mei: Honestly, I shouldn't be telling you this because you're so young! Ugh, I swear if the gods and the law could let me I'd slap that Lisa brat for harrassing you so much!

She exclaimed angrily as she formed a balled fist of anger. But she takes a deep breath, not wanting to express too much anger, and soon calms down.

Mei: But, as a respecting mother, I'll have no choice but to let it be.

She said with a fake smile.

Meilla:...Mom?

Mei: Hm?

Meilla: Last night when me and Uncle Lanz were talking about each other's problems, he said that the best thing for me to face my bullying problem from Lisa is to ignore her. Would that be easy?

Mei:...To be honest with you sweetie, your Uncle is right. But it's not easy as you think it is...

She said, causing Meilla to look down in disappointment.

Mei: But hey, despite that, who knows? Maybe today will be a great day for you!... actually you know what? I know it will be!

Meilla: Really? How do you know?

Mei: You just gotta find out for yourself sweetie.

Her mother said as she smiled and winked at her, much to Meilla's confusion.

Mei: Now enough chit chat. We gotta get you to school. Don't want you to be late, now do we?

Meilla: No...

She said with a mix of disappointment and nervoussness. Mei notices, but deciedes to ignore it and smile away.

Mei: Alright. Let's go!