Chapter 18: A Crow's Awakening

Somewhere in the woods, Cardin is seen still riding the carriage onward with his team and his little sister on board. As Cardin rides the carriage in silence, his teammates inside of the said carriage are playing cards. As Sky, Dove, and Russel all look at their cards, two of them showed them their cards and one of them grinned after seeing them and shows the two a royal flush.

The two members, namely Sky and Russel, both frowned from their defeat while Dove let's out a victorious "Yeah!" as he shoots his fists in the air. As Cardin kept the carriage moving, he feels a tug from his clothes coming from Lisa who is sitting right next to him.

Cardin: What is it, Lisa?

Lisa:...Cardin. Are you sure we shouldn't have helped Mr. Corvine protect the town? W-What if he needs our help?

Cardin: Trust me, Lisa. I've known him for a long time now before Beacon fell. And I gotta say. He's one guy that you don't wanna mess with... 

Lisa: But, Cardin. He was right. We couldn't just abandon our hometown. W-We live there! And the people--

Cardin: The people could give two craps other than us, Lisa. After all, we are the children of that sick twisted hag.

Lisa: I know. But this feels... wrong...

Cardin: And since when did you ever feel something was wrong? If I recall, you were much of a bully as I was before Lanz came along.

Lisa: I-I know. I know. But... still. We can't leave our home. A-And we can't just leave the people there with those guys. They need someone other than Mr. Crovine. And I know deep down, you know that he needs help too. Please, Cardin... we have to go back...!

Cardin didn't answer as they kept moving onward. Lisa frowns sadly as she turns away from his brother.

Lisa: I know, you don't really care about anyone. But I know that don't believe that.

Cardin: Yeah? And how would you know?

Lisa: Because if you didn't... then you wouldn't have kidnapped Mr. Corvine to save him from those awful people...

She has a point. And because of what she said, Cardin began to realize his revelation. 

Lisa: But if you believe that you still don't care. And if you really want to abandon our home... then that's fine by me... I just hope you know what you're doing...

Lisa said as she looks down, still with a saddened look on her face. As Cardin stares at her for a while, he hears Russel, Sky, and Dove talking to each other secretly inside.

Dove: Wow. For a 12 year old kid, she knows what to say to Cardin.

Russel: Yeah. I wish my siblings were like her.

Sky:...Russel, you don't have any siblings.

Russel: I know. I'm just... nevermind...

Cardin looks back at the road and looks down, thinking if he should still abandon Kakure and not help Lanz and find a better place to live in.

________________________________________

In Kakure...

Right from where we were left off, Lanz, the Vigilant Crow, has interrupted one of the Knights from executing his niece, Meilla. And right now, he's having a distant face off between Lysandra and the rest of the Knights that are near around her.

Lysandra: FINALLY!

She shouted somewhat excitedly.

Lysandra: It's about time you finally showed up, Crow.