Chapter 5

Lucia Martínez

"You're here because I want you to be." I can't get that sentence out of my mind. No one's ever said such a nice and emotional thing to me since my mother died.

Not even Jake said such a nice thing to me. That's actually kind of sad. Enrico, my boss, of all people, is the one who cares about me the most in the world.

That reminds me of the horrible times...

*Flashback

Mi padre's heavy body lays on top of my fragile one and I'm wheezing for air. [my fathers] I tried to push him off me, but I'm too weak. Now I have to wait until he moves and I can roll away.

I made it!

My naked body fell on the floor. I try to block out all my pain. However, they are only getting stronger in my head because he was banging my head against the wall last night. As a punishment for being disobedient.

I didn't know what he was doing to me. I just knew that I didn't like it. I knew that I was suffering terrible pain as a result. I knew that a father would never do that to his daughter. My father never treated me normally after mi madre died.

He always says that he does it because he has no one else to do it with and because I remind him of her.

Whenever I contradict him, I only get more bruises that are purple and yellow.

Every night he wakes me up and makes me take off my clothes. If I don't obey him, the consequences are very severe.

I always tell him that he's my father, that he can't do this to me, but he always shuts me up by putting his big hand over my mouth or by wrapping his belt around my neck so that I almost choke.

I hear him moan. He moves again. I run away as fast as I can. I run out of my room, down the corridor, and into the bathroom. My little bare feet hit the floor but, as always, I block out the pain.

Once in the bathroom, I slam the door shut and lock it. I take a deep breath. I sigh with relief when I see that there are some of my dirty clothes in the laundry basket. I quickly put something on to make myself feel better.

Not quite so dirty anymore.

I go to the sink and brush my teeth thoroughly. I still have that disgusting taste of daddy's cock in my mouth. I don't even know why he always shoves it so deep into my mouth. He can hear me gagging all the time.

Why does he keep going anyway? Does he like it? How disgusting!

I freeze when I see a huge bruise all over my face. How am I supposed to explain this at school? Or better still, how should I explain it to Jake? He's always so caring and he knows when I'm lying. He won't rest until he knows the truth.

I don't want anyone to be mad at mi padre. [my father] I only have him left. He is my only family.

I open the bathroom door and see dad. He's already been waiting for me to open the door. He smirks when he sees my anxious face. He knows full well that I know I'm being punished for leaving without his permission. 

"¿Adónde ibas, niña desagradecida? ¿De verdad creías que podías huir de mí?" he laughed at me. ["Where were you going, you ungrateful child? Did you really think you could run away from me?"]

"Eres tan estúpido. Sabes exactamente cuáles serán las consecuencias." he said with a broad smirk. [You're so stupid. You know exactly what the consequences will be.]