t w e n t y - n i n e

In Seong paced the rooftop, waiting for Eun Yoo to return from her adventure. He hadn't seen Sang Jin or Dong Gi in a while, which only meant they had followed Eun Yoo the entire time she was out. The little monster was peering over the edge of the roof, looking towards the woods. In Seong noticed the monster pointing towards the forest. In Seong grabbed his bag, keeping it open for the monster to jump inside.

In Seong grabbed the jingum, jumping down from the roof. He approached Eun Yoo, trying not to alert her right away since he didn't see Sang Jin and Dong Gi. Eun Yoo noticed a difference in In Seong, but she didn't question it.

They walked back towards the shelter.

As they walked by the cars, Eun Yoo looked into the mirror, seeing Sang Jin and Dong Gi following them. Unlike what In Seong overheard, Eun Yoo saw the shotgun in Sang Jin's hands, pointing it at her. Eun Yoo casually lifted up her hand with the red fabric wrapped around it. In Seong gave a single nod, confirming he knew people were following them.

Eun Yoo gave a sharp nod.

In Seong and Eun Yoo took off running. In Seong barely glanced back when he heard the gunshots. They bounced off the car they ran by. "Ah! Fucking bitch!" In Seong and Eun Yoo continued to run – from the first shots, In Seong could tell that Sang Jin was a shit shot. The bullets were ricocheting off the cars or missing them completely. In Seong and Eun Yoo split off, running off to separate cars to hide themselves away.

In Seong climbed into the back of a pickup. He placed his backpack onto his chest as he lied flat against the bed of the truck. His grip on the jingum was tight, in case he truly needed to take care of Sang Jin.

In Seong felt his bag shake. The monster poked its head out to look at In Seong. In Seong placed his finger to his lips.

In Seong could hear Sang Jin. He was definitely taunting them. But the main question that In Seong had was, how did he get that gun?

"They're not here. Let's just go now!" Dong Gi said.

Sang Jin didn't listen to Dong Gi clearly. He was still searching for Eun Yoo in particular. In Seong was probably a second thought.

"In Seong!" In Seong lifted his head up from the bed of the truck. She saw Eun Yoo running away from the car she was previously hiding in. In Seong jumped out of the truck, running after Eun Yoo. In Seong followed Eun Yoo, running straight for the warehouse. Sang Jin was catching up to them quickly.

Eun Yoo pushed In Seong up the stairs.

The pair stopped when they got to the top of the stairs. Sang Jin was right under them, looking around to spot them. In Seong let Eun Yoo go ahead of him. He bent down, shooing the little monster out of his bag. The monster jumped out of his bag, scampering off to get back to the shelter before the humans.