t h i r t y

•

Su Ji looked around when the alarms started to blare. He stopped what he was doing, heading off to the meeting place. The survivors were hurrying alongside each other, trying to figure out what had happened while they were underground. Su Ji looked around, looking for Dae Hyun. Su Ji knew that Dae Hyun was going to try and get chosen by Chief Ji today. 

Su Ji made it down the stairs, seeing Dae Hyun across the way. Su Ji held up his hands, wordlessly asking what happened. Dae Hyun made eye contact, shrugging his shoulders. 

Su Ji saw Chief Ji closing all the doors as soon as the survivors were in the main part of the shelter. Su Ji stayed where he was, standing on the platform. He played with the sleeve of his jacket – he hoped that In Seong and Eun Yoo were okay outside. 

In Seong walked behind Eun Yoo slowly. In Seong was twisting the edges of the fabric between his fingers. He was still reeling from what they experienced back there. In Seong was still going to keep his mouth shut about it being Hyun Soo and not Eun Hyuk, but at the same time... why hadn't Hyun Soo kept his promise? In Seong asked him to find him, which he did, but he didn't make his presence known until now. 

In Seong wasn't sure how to feel about that. 

The rain was still coming down, soaking him to the bone. In Seong didn't seem to acknowledge the rain, he had too much on his mind. 

Who was that girl?

Why were Dong Gi's eyes white?

How was that girl controlling Sang Jin?

Why was Hyun Soo hiding?

In Seong had so many more questions running through his mind, but he didn't want to make himself crazy. He couldn't have all the answers right now, not that In Seong would like those answers either. 

In Seong took a shaky breath as he looked around. As the rain continued, he realized that the monsters weren't out. Not that the weather stopped monsters from attacking or being outside, but at the moment, In Seong could have sworn they heard growls when they were heading into town. 

Thankfully, the rain stopped, and the sun started to come out from behind the clouds. In Seong looked around, seeing traces of blood scattered around. He looked around before stopping. Eun Yoo didn't notice that In Seong stopped. In Seong looked to the side as the rustling began beside him. The little monster stuck its head out, rain dripping from its face. 

In Seong sighed with relief. He bent down, allowing the monster to jump onto his back and into the bag. In Seong shifted the bag on his shoulder, hurrying after Eun Yoo, which didn't take long. In Seong stopped again when he noticed Eun Yoo looking at something. In Seong turned his head, seeing the body of Sang Jin laying in the grass. "Don't bother." In Seong said, heading towards the water.