Chapter 50

In mid-September, He's father felt unwell, so He Mian and Lin Ya went back.

Gongmei said that He's father suffered from vomiting and diarrhea. He vomited as much as he ate and had no appetite at all. He's mother was not at the house either, and Gongmei was at a loss for words, so she secretly told He Mian the matter behind He's father's back.

He Mian took Lin Ya back home at that time, "My father is usually in good health, but he is sick anyway."

She sat on the carriage and moved around, constantly lifting the curtains to look out, she muttered and complained, "Why is it so slow?"

When He Mian first came in, the first person she saw when she woke up was He's father. At that time, his face was covered in tears, his hair was messy, and the hairpin on his head was crooked. He Mian was very frightened.

At first, she didn't have much affection for this father. In addition, she had just graduated from school at the time, and she was not used to the world where women were superior to men. She always avoided him out of escapism.

But He's father was very patient with her. In order to keep her healthy, he even walked to the temple to ask for a peace charm. He was also afraid that she would be bullied by the Xu family at home, so he rushed back overnight regardless of the danger.

Perhaps from that moment on, holding the warm peace charm in his palm, a certain part of He Mian's heart slowly collapsed.

By now, He Mian had completely regarded He's father as her biological father. When she found out that he was sick, her heart suddenly tightened and she wanted to get out of the car and run back to see him.

When Father He woke up and saw both children back, he first softly scolded Gongmei for taking matters into his own hands, "It's just him for worrying so much. I just caught wind and cold. It's nothing serious. I'll just rest for a few days."

His face was sallow and weak. Looking particularly ugly, Lin Ya helped him half sit up and lay weakly on the bed.

He Mian suddenly felt uncomfortable. She silently stepped forward and squatted beside the bed, holding one of his hands, and shouted in a low voice, "Dad."

"It's a small problem, but you two are worried like this. Look, Ya'er's eyes are red."

Father He raised his other hand to touch the end of Lin Ya's eyes, "Uncle is fine."

"Has the doctor come to see you?" Lin Ya sat sideways on the bed with worried eyes,He lowered his head and pressed his face against He's father's palm, and said in a soft and low voice, "Okay, you're sick just because you're sick."

He Mian also agreed, "That's right, especially since you're sick and you're hiding it from both of us. ."

"How can people not get sick if they eat whole grains? Besides, do I still know about my body? It's nothing serious. I don't need to notify you two to come back." Father He said this, and he was actually very happy in his heart. , especially seeing these two people and their children gathered around his bed, like a married couple.

A talented woman and a handsome man, it would be great if they really were a couple.

Father He took Lin Ya's hand and patted the back of his hand, "Ya'er, don't get too close to me, so as not to get sick again."

Lin Ya was already weak, so don't let the uncle and nephew lie together on the bed.

He's father just said something casually, but who knew that He Mian actually picked up the embroidery pier behind him and placed it a big step away from He's father's bed, "Ya Ya, please sit far away."