Chapter 14 - Dark Macabre

Through the streets of the city of Saint Zagras, angels carried out their usual activities. They worked, socialized with each other, flew, and engaged in conversation. Life in the city was peaceful. In a cafe designed in medieval style, two angels were enjoying the view of the city while engaging in a friendly conversation about their lives.

"Recently, a manicure shop opened near my house, and I thought, why not give it a try?" one of the angels remarked. "It was supposed to be quite a valuable experience."

"How kind of you to mention that! I was actually pondering yesterday about where I could get a manicure. Your reminder has been incredibly helpful," said the other angel, sipping on a warm chamomile tea.

"She had a truly brilliant way of doing nails. The lady working there was undoubtedly an expert," remarked the angel.

"I can't wait to give it a try," the angel exclaimed with anticipation.

In an instant, the tranquil scene in Saint Zagras shattered as hundreds of buildings were obliterated in a sudden and devastating attack. The two angels, previously engaged in a casual conversation, were now nothing but a chaotic splatter of blood amid the catastrophe. The surviving angels, stricken with fear and confusion, took to the skies, their wings carrying them away from the epicenter as they desperately sought to comprehend the inexplicable horror that had just unfolded. The once serene cityscape now echoed with the cries of angels in distress, a stark contrast to the peaceful moments before the calamity struck.

An angel, standing at the end of the road that bore the brunt of the attack, remarked, "You were pretty strong." The words hung in the air, acknowledging the resilience displayed amid the chaos and destruction that had befallen Saint Zagras.

Beyond the billowing smoke, the intimidating steps of Magura resonated, her arms crossed in a stance that exuded authority. The atmosphere seemed to tense as her commanding presence cut through the chaos, leaving an aura of both power and foreboding in the aftermath of the attack on Saint Zagras.

"But don't think that I can be defeated so easily," declared the resolute angel, preparing a sword with determination. The air crackled with determination as the angel, undeterred by the recent devastation, stood ready to face whatever challenges lay ahead.

Silent and unyielding, Magura conjured a massive tangle of black ice without uttering a word. With a swift and commanding motion, she directed the frozen creation toward the fighting angel, the dark ice weaving a formidable threat in the air. The clash between the forces of celestial power and the formidable ice manifestation seemed inevitable, setting the stage for a dramatic confrontation.

"Lapis Arts 2 Wings; Circles of Blessing," the fighting angel proclaimed. Giant rings materialized near the black ice, each encircling a portion of the frozen threat. With purposeful precision, the rings gripped the ice, poised to shatter and dispel the dark creation. The celestial energy radiating from the angel's wings intensified as the Circles of Blessing went to work, initiating a powerful counter against Magura's icy assault. The air hummed with the clash of supernatural forces in this celestial battleground.

"AAAAAAAAH!" The angel unleashed a powerful surge, attempting to destroy the encroaching ice with their wings. However, to their surprise and dismay, the circles that were meant to break the ice were shattered instead. 

"WHAT?"

With terrifying speed, the relentless black ice managed to tear the angel's celestial form into hundreds of pieces. The once defiant angel succumbed instantly to the monstrous attack, vanquished in the face of Magura's formidable power.