Chapter 16 - Frosty Intimidation

Before the infiltration of Magura, through the trees of the Guhojre forest...

Magura moved slowly through the forest, each step deliberate and measured. The leaves of the trees, whether green or withered, crunched beneath her intimidating gait, sending shivers through anything unfortunate enough to be beneath her feet.

"As far as I know, you are the guardian of this forest, Atbara," Magura said, her gaze directed squarely at a tree that stood older and wiser than its surroundings.

Atbara began to emerge from the ancient tree, akin to a snake shedding its skin. The leaves of the tree quivered as he revealed himself fully before Magura.

"We have been serving the dominions for hundreds of years, and yet this is the first time we meet," said Atbara, kneeling before Magura as a sign of deep respect.

Magura regarded him with an ice-cold gaze, devoid of any discernible emotion in her eyes.

"I heard from the queen that you will embark on an infiltration mission to the nation of angels. I wish you luck," continued Atbara, his words carrying a solemn tone of well-wishing.

"I'm well aware that your skills could prove invaluable, if the plan goes to a fucking shithole," said Magura in a calm tone, acknowledging the potential significance of Atbara's abilities.

"I am the only one who can overcome the barriers of angels without being noticed, and undoubtedly, you will need my help," said Atbara, emphasizing the unique expertise he brought to the mission.

Magura glanced at Atbara from the corner of her eye as he drew this conclusion.

In the present, while Magura was fighting the reinforcements in the capital...

She noticed the orange apple that Atbara had given her before the infiltration.

"With this apple, you can penetrate the barriers without being noticed by the angels. Moreover, you can also communicate with me. That apple doesn't exist in the conventional sense; it's merely an intradimensional key that renders your presence inconspicuous only when crossing a barrier,"

Atbara's words lingered in Magura's mind. She observed the orange apple and carefully returned it to her left pocket.

"I instructed him to employ that skill the moment I confronted the commander inside the royal palace. What's causing such a delay?" Magura muttered to herself, devoid of any discernible emotion.

The angels closed in on the demon from all four sides. Ten generals and over two thousand other angelic forces formed an impenetrable blockade that obscured Magura's view. The aftermath of her last sword attack had transformed a vast expanse of the city into a massive plain, stretching 25 kilometers long and 3 kilometers wide. The sheer devastation wrought by her seemingly simple attack left the mind unable to fathom the extent of casualties it might have caused.

"Attack!"

The order rang out as all the angels turned toward Magura with a murderous intent. In response, Magura made a subtle gesture, dancing her middle finger with a barely audible sound. The first angel who drew near froze instantly, collapsing to the ground and shattering into thousands of pieces. Although the other angels were momentarily bewildered, it wasn't enough to halt their advance. Three more approached Magura, only to share the same fate as the first unfortunate angel.

"What is going on? Hit them with a light attack," a general ordered after witnessing his soldiers transforming into masses of black ice before his eyes.