Prologue

Gotham City, a haven for crime and poverty. It's known as one of the most dangerous cities for crimes. People attempt to make the city life better, but it only gets worse for those who live depressing lifestyles. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer as they say. Conversations are exchanged between strangers about the shitty lives they have. Despite Thomas Wayne's efforts to make Gotham City a better place, many do not support the man. Many people with all sorts of disorders, difficult lifestyles, and desires to fit in with society struggle to make a living. 

They say that street dogs are smarter than domesticated dogs because they know how to survive harsh living conditions. They are the survivors of street life. 

Street dogs could care less about what living conditions they endure every day. All they care about is their pack, survival, and escaping the cruel hands of man. Territory is everything for them: they will do anything, even fight to the death to have a place called home. You can imagine how the homeless people of Gotham City have to endure every day. Fighting to live, to survive, to be the last one standing. 

Street dogs fight for the same reasons the homeless of Gotham City fight: survival, food, shelter, and a place for belonging. 

Street dogs are smart enough to decipher humans that have the most kind soul and ones who have a soul as terrible as the Devil himself. Naturally, street dogs analyze human gestures and emotions. For instance, a person who has the most gentle voice and provides food and water, a shelter dog will be convinced that they can be trusted. That person is one they can call a kind human. However, the world is not a beautiful place, it's filled with cruel people. If a person abuses and mistreats a street dog just for existing, they are more likely to be aggressive, to turn against them, to stay away from them. One situation with a street dog determines if you are a kind person and if your bond is formed. 

Gotham City is home to 25 million street dogs. More wind up on the cold, dark streets every day. Mistreated, abused, left to survive on their own in a cold, cruel world. Some with hopes that they will find a kind human, while others turning to defend themselves and their own kind. If they have to, their trust for humans will lessen, no matter how much kindness they have. 

There is a saying, that looks can be deceiving. This is understandable from a dog's eyes. Not every human that displays kindness, are good. They can still feel distrustful of a kind human even if they are provided with shelter, food, and love. You can see how this would relate to the homeless of Gotham City. They understand the life of a street dog: having to be ridiculed and abused by those who live above them, having to survive with every inch of life left, and rebel for what's right. 

It's only a matter of time before a loner, a man with a broken spirit finds a best friend to call his own. One who will provide him with unconditional love, one who will form an unbreakable bond. Man's best friend will finally have one to call his own, one to remain loyal to, and to follow to the ends of the world. No matter how cruel this man gets, man's best friend has promised to never leave his side. 

"It takes nothing away from a human to be kind to an animal." Joaquin Phoenix