Chapter II: Reflection. Memory. Reunion.

1 Month later

Thursday, 7:00 A.M.

Year: 1981

Ace's POV 

It has been over a month since I encountered HIM. Every day passed by and I never saw him. I do not know what took over me, but I always found myself walking to Kenny's Music Store with hopes that I would find him dancing. To my disappoint, he was never there. The store owner noticed me coming every day which perked his interest. 

"Hello buddy! What's up? I noticed you coming by my store everyday, not that I don't mind."  The store owner looks at me with a smile, standing with his arms crossed. 

I stand, looking at the store owner. I whined out to him and glanced at the piano that was untouched outside the store. The store owner pieced it together as he uncrossed his arms. 

"Oh! You are looking for the clown aren't you? I am sorry but he's no longer here anymore. Due to his job."  He said as he walked inside. 

I followed him without hesitation, tilting my head. But...where is he? 

The store owner studied me closely as he was prepping a warm meal for me. He knew I was looking for the clown. 

"I do not know where he is anymore bud. Fired? Moved? I do not know?" 

I gazed at him sadly as he dropped the meal in front of me. 

"Eat buddy, you must be hungry."  He concluded as he walked to the cash register.

I quickly ate the meal, my grumbling tummy feeling satisfied at the taste of bacon and eggs. As soon as I finished, I barked at him, wagged my tail and pointed my head to the door. 

"You have a nice day! Come by again!"  He said with a smile and resumed to writing in a book. 

I quickly trotted off, sniffing the ground hoping to catch a scent of the missing human. Sadly, his scent was not here, he was nowhere to be found. 

I have been looking for the human for over 3 months now. In the heart of Gotham City, amidst the cacophony of noise and chaos, amidst the bustling streets and towering buildings I continued my search of the clown. Every time, I am always met with nothing. No trail, no scent. Beneath my tough, alpha exterior, there lay a pang of sadness. For the first time, I experienced what humans would call a HEARTBREAK. My dreams were consumed of HIM: living in HIS home, making HIM smile. 

As I padded through the narrow alleyways, walking past passerby, my mind wandered to HIM. I was haunted by memories of the special human who had shown me kindness in a world filled with darkness and indifference.

As I roamed the alleyways and sidewalks, my thoughts drifted to the man. The warmth of his touch, the sound of his voice, and the gentle glimmer in his eyes. I believe that this human had become the light of hope in a world filled with hate and darkness. 

Days turned into weeks and the weeks turned into months. I have officially turned 5-years-old. I still maintain my alpha position in the streets of Gotham City. I am still the dangerous Bloodhound. My search for my special human proved futile. Despite my tireless efforts and unwavering determination, I found no trace of the one who captured my heart. 

My longing for him grew stronger, a gnawing ache that echoed through my head. I scoured the streets, retraced my steps, waited at Kenny's Music store, and searched every corner in hopes of catching a glimpse of the familiar figure I yearned to see.