Fifteen. Chuuya

"GOD DAMMIT!" I hollered as I kicked a chair over in Ane-san's office. I'd just gotten back from a mission, and it had gone horribly wrong. I'd managed to track down a trace of the man who'd targeted me and Dazai. My search had led me to an apartment complex, with a squad of six with me to ensure he wouldn't escape.

When we'd charged in we were greeted by an abandoned apartment, it looked like nothing but the bed had been touched. We had spent the next hour searching the place head to toe for any hints he may have left behind. In my annoyance at his escape I'd kicked my foot against the wall, it gave a strange noise in response. I knocked my hand against the wall to double check and realised it was hollow.

With the assistance of one of the men they moved the bookcase which had been left in front. Without wasting any time I kicked a hole through the wall and feasted upon the sight of an elaborate set up. Upon a board there was the word 'Port Mafia' along with the executive members' photos pinned up in a row below Mori, which was myself, Ane-san, Dazai, Verlaine and another face which was undistinguishable. Although Verlaine's photo had been crossed out in a black X, probably because he'd disappeared recently.

Dazai's photo had a red circle on it, probably due to him being in a coma. I crawled through the gap I had made and began to analyse the board in more depth.

The information he had on us was concerning. He knew : our ages, dates of birth, where our position within the Mafia was, what we specialised in weapons wise, our abilities, relationships within the Mafia and outside. The Boss apparently knew some infamous swordsman whose photo was poorly taken with only half his face visible. It detailed my past ties with the Sheep, that memory stung slightly. Attached to all those photos were various pieces of red string, they all initially linked us to the boss. Afterwards linking me to Dazai, as well as linking me to Ane-san. Probably due to me being close with both of them. However, beneath me and Dazai was two separate pieces of red string which linked to two individual photos. I recognised the one beneath me at once. It was Atsushi.

Although the photo was very formal, he was also in the clothes which resembled the rags he wore when I first met him. They probably didn't have a more uptodate one due to him rarely leaving the Mafia headquarters except for missions.

Akutagawa's however was quite recent, he was wearing frame tinted glasses alongside his typical coat. The photo had to be within the last year. Alongside both of the photos was information about the pair, their abilities and what they entailed. I picked up the note which described Atsushi's ability, there was information we were unfamiliar with.

"A tiger?" I questioned aloud to myself, I then saw as the two photos were linked in a triangle with another photo. It showed a dainty girl in a flowy white dress.

I had no clue who she was and how she related to the two but she must have been important to be on here.

"Sir we are going to break the door down so we can gather information easier." I gave a nod of agreement to the man who'd stuck his head through the gap in the wall. However, when my eyes moved upwards I saw something hidden within the corner against the door. I walked closer to get a better look but regretted it immediately. It was a trigger mechanism, set to go off when the door opened.

"Wait sto-" There wasn't even time to finish my words as the explosive was set off at the impact of the men opening the door. I was blown backwards into the board against the wall, knocking it down with me as I went. But the main apartment was completely blown to pieces, fire accompanying the little remains there was. All six men were gone.

I quickly grabbed what notes I could before rushing out before the fire spread further.

"Chuuya, I do not appreciate you demolishing my furniture." Ane-san admonished me as I collapsed into an adjacent seat.

"Sorry Ane-san." I sighed, leaning my head in my hand. I'd gone through these notes multiple times but I'd learned nothing new. Apart from the fact that this individual owned a massive underground unit, there was no details to the location or what the place even was. On top of that, Shin Sōkoku hadn't returned from their mission yet and we'd had no communication from the two either. I know there will be a reason behind it, Atsushi will be a fool if he believes I'm not going to say anything about it.

"Sir, Madam." A woman walked in and bowed to us both. We both nodded in acknowledgement and the woman rose.

"Nakajima and Akutagawa have returned." At least there was something to improve the mood.

"Where are they?" I questioned immediately as Kouyou returned to her desk to file through the notes again.

"In the doctor's office sir." That took us both by surprise. I shooed the woman off before turning to Ane-san.

"Head down, I'll go through these again." Kouyou spoke before I could get a word in. I smiled in thanks before quickly disappearing out of her office.

When I arrived a few minutes later I was greeted by an exhausted Akutagawa who was sitting beside Atsushi who was currently unconscious on the bed.

"What happened?" I questioned, Akutagawa looked away awkwardly. I was not in the mood for excuses right now.

"Ryuunosuke Akutagawa, tell me what happened on your mission." He jolted at the use of his full name, Akutagawa sighed before he began to relay his side of the story. He began to explain the beginning in which they both were undercover, which followed the plan which Atsushi had briefly told me prior to his leave. However, when Akutagawa informed me of my mentee's sudden change in plans through a capture method I began to grow concerned. Atsushi was correct, it would guarantee results. But it left yourself vulnerable to the enemy which was never a smart ploy. It can cause people to break being trapped within a game of the enemies choosing. And by the looks of it, Atsushi had played that game. And lost.

I was going to berate Akutagawa for allowing Atsushi to go through with such a plan when I heard the covers of another bed move.

This place was supposed to be empty except...