chapter 12

sorry that I haven't been updating I've been bad mentally but I'll try my best! Thank you guys for 1k views. make sure to vote and comment please!!

Malachi

I rub my eyes as I feel myself awake. I sit up and feel sharp pain on my shoulder and I immediately go to grab it, but a hand stops me. I look to who the hand belongs too and it's Dutton.

"Good morning."  A familiar voice says to the left of me, I turn my head to see Jason.

I look around and finally realize that I'm in a hospital bed, but why?

"What happened? Why am I here?" I quietly say as I watch the nurse come in.

"Hello, Mr. Bates! How are you feeling?" The nurse says a little too loudly. She's a blonde girl with blue eyes and big tits. She seems like the type of girl to shove her boobs in your face to get her way.

"Why the fuck am I here?" I repeat again. I don't want to be here.i want to be at home listening to music.

"Calm down, Mal. Your dad shot you." Dutton says rubbing my good shoulder gently with a soft smile on his face, making my scowl relax a little. I stare into his eyes while it hits me.

"He shot me?!" I dart my eyes toward everyone in the room. "Where is my mom and Maverick? Are they okay?!" You could hear the panic in my voice.

"Maverick is in the elevator right now.  And for your mother...um" The nurse says as her smile fades and she comes towards me with a apologetic smile.

"What? Speak up."

"She's dead, Malachi. Your father shot her when she tried to attack him." The nurse says with such pity in her voice.   I look at Jason then a Dutton and feel the tears fall.

"Hey.. shhh, it will be okay, Mal. I'll do anything to help." Dutton pats my back reassuringly and his other hand wraps around my body, pulling me into a tight hug.

"Let it out, Mal." He says. And I do. After everything I put my mom through the last thing I wanted was for her to die without me saying sorry. Fuck goodbyes I just want to tell her I'm sorry for making her life a living hell. I love her so much and I know she would have not anything for me. She didn't deserve it. She might not be biological but she sure as hell treated me as her kid and loved me like one, too.

I felt my tears turn into anger as I remember that my own father killed her. He deserves to rot in hell. Was he in hell? Or was he in jail? Is he on the loose?

"What about dad, is he in a cage?" I ask in between sobs.

"Yes, Mi amor, he's in prison. His trial is next month. But you don't have to go." I hear Maverick's voice coming towards me. I look up at him and more tears fall.

"I want everyone out." Maverick says.  I look at everyone get up and leave, including the nurse.

"It's okay, baby. I promise. Let those tears out of your pretty eyes, you hold them in too much." He says as he sits on the bed and pats his lap.

timeskip-------

Dutton

I hated seeing Mal cry. I hated it. He was too pretty for that. Seeing his hair a mess and his shoulders shaking like crazy made me want to cry. The way he looked at me made me so sad.

Im currently at the store picking out stuff to put in the baskets I bought for them. Im getting them a "get well soon" basket. They both needed one. They both lost someone very important to them and just need something to keep their minds off of it. They need comfort,so that's what I'm giving them.

timeskip-------

Im currently standing outside of their door and hesitant to knock. I have both baskets in my hands. I take a deep breath and knock on the door with my head since I have no hands, and boy was that loud. I hear footsteps and see the doorknob turn and see a tear stained Maverick on the inside of the house. He looks at me with wide eyes and his eyes dart to my hands then back to my face.

"Hey.. I'm sorry that I didn't text you I was coming. That might have been a good idea. I'll go if you want me too."

"No.. stay. Come inside."