Chapter 1: A dream came true (Home)

Welcome back my dear reader! It's 2023, and it's time for the second edition of this anthology; an anthology about Nejire and Tamaki. The extrovert and introvert couple.

Just like my other anthologies, here are the prompts in their respective order: Home, Promise, Petition, Together Alone, Kiss, Liquor, Lie and Kogarashi.

If you want to hear more about my fics, life and some random ideas, you can find me as @DYP_Lf on Twitter. With no more to say, enjoy this second edition of this anthology my dear people!

"Sometimes a jolt of reality can snap you out of your current thoughts, Tamaki."

That last sentence was the last thing Tamaki heard in his mind before waking up and instantly sitting up in his bed. His deep breathing was the only thing that could be heard inside that room, wondering about what he had dreamt and still frightened by what his mind had projected.

It was the third night in a row where he had that same nightmare. Him locked in a room, then seeing a dark, tousle-haired shadow that had the figure of Nejire not knowing if it was hostile or friendly, and with multiple screens showing many of the most embarrassing memories of his entire life and scenarios where he was a total failure. And always the shadow ended up mentioning that phrase. That damn phrase. He wanted to know what that meant, but he never could because he would immediately wake up in fear.

A few seconds later, a peculiar sound made him wake up completely. The alarm clock went off at the usual time, 7 am. Sunday dawn, a day of rest for the heroes before returning to the usual routine. Tamaki had woken up a few minutes earlier than the typical time of his schedule, so for three days in a row. Even though it was only a few minutes, he felt like he was missing some rest for his body.

He didn't want his nightmares to ruin his day or cause him some panic. He had to be on the move. He got up from his bed and after putting on his flip flops, he went to the bedroom window. He opened the curtains and was greeted by a half-bright sun and a sky full of butterflies. It was a good spring sunrise, a sunrise that Tamaki always loved to see when he woke up. As he gazed outside, he noticed one of the butterflies put itself on his hand, which made the boy smile. Its wings were lovely, and the blue color it had reminded him of a special person.

"What a nice day." he said, trying to give himself energy.

He hadn't fallen out of bed, nor had he woken up to rain or overwhelming cold. So far so good, he let the butterfly take its course and breathed, keeping in mind that he had started the day on the right foot.

"Tamaki? Are you up yet?"

Nejire's voice made the boy turn his head slightly. She was in the kitchen, having gotten up much earlier than Tamaki. He could sense it.

"Yes Nejire."

"Well, what are you waiting for? Come eat, breakfast is ready."

"Coming."

He always wondered how Nejire could have so much energy. He liked to make breakfast for both, but the only thing that prevented that was that Nejire always got up earlier than him and took his role. It didn't bother him, though. But it was impressive how the girl could always show an active body every day and how she always radiated positive energies.

He descended to the second floor of his apartment, arriving in the kitchen which had a delicious aroma. The first thing he saw was Nejire in a distinctive purple dress.

"Sushi?" he asked.

"For breakfast, and in case you need it when you go out." She answered him with a cheerfulness.