Chapter 5: Wishes can come true (Kiss)

With snowflakes falling from the sky and light decorations put up in many of the houses in the city, one could sense that Christmas was near. A time when everyone gathered to celebrate together and do the typical traditions of each year. A huge dinner, a lot of presents and making snow wars if the environment was safe to go out.

It wasn't a novelty that for those days everyone was gathered at Mirio's house to celebrate one of the most significant holidays of the year. Accompanied by a good hot chocolate and a feast of kings, the only bad thing about the place was the lack of wine. But beyond that, the most important thing in a Christmas dinner was not missing: laughs, love, and the closeness of loved ones.

It was only a small group of people made up of some of class 2-A and Mirio's friends, but that didn't take away the fact that everyone was having a good night there. In the end, they were just a few people, but with a lot of positive vibes. They were all wearing green and red outfits, accompanied by their classic Christmas hats.

Midoriya and Uraraka on their side were enjoying the desserts on the table, accompanied by Eri who was again handing out Easter eggs like last year. Kirishima and Tsuyu were enjoying the hot and sweet chocolate in their cups, while Mirio and his friends were enjoying the turkey on the table.

It was an ordinary dinner, but full of Christmas joy and magic. Everyone was enjoying this unique and special moment, because more than being just combat buddies, they were a small family in general.

After finishing, everyone began to arrange their plates to continue with the next part of the Christmas party. The time for gifts. The time where everyone gathered and received the gifts that everyone had made for each person present. Right there, everyone received boxes of different sizes, some big and some small. But there was always the effort of each one to try to make each person happy.

Although everything seemed comfortable and normal at first glance, there was only one thing that bothered a certain indigo-haired person. The insecurity of having Nejire so close, but at the same time so far away.

The boy kept watching Nejire. Although it was mostly normal for him to notice her a lot, this time there was something special that made his eyes mesmerized. She looked lovely in her Christmas outfit, a new kind of fairy that was captivating to his sight.

Even though they had already graduated, he was still looking for ways on how he could approach her and tell her how he felt about Nejire. It was one thing to ask her what her favorite hero was, but it was another to tell her that he loved her in the deepest sense of the word. He knew that her fame as a hero had grown, and while he understood that she was someone who didn't look too much into the romance thing, he could infer that there were certain people who wanted a chance with her. Little jealousies were growing in him, and he didn't want to lose her over something silly like his nerves and shyness.

Sometimes he thought about what it would be like a world where he wasn't a coward, where he could express his feelings so easily and could tell her how much he loved her, how much he wanted to kiss her and hold her. He wished in those moments that he had a valid opportunity to get closer to her in a deeper way; even if Santa existed, he would ask him to give him some courage to be Nejire's better half. Even opportunities to kiss her was something he was going to accept without much trouble, but he just wanted to be with her. It was his only Christmas wish; beyond the new cape he had received from Mirio.

It was there that he was interrupted by Eri who had climbed onto a chair and was lifting a small plant above him and Nejire.

"Hooray, they're under the mistletoe!"

Nejire turned as well upon hearing Eri's voice so close. Like Tamaki, he was confused as to what the little girl had said.

"Oh boy, looks like it's time for you guys to fulfill the tradition."