Do You Realize?

SIX MONTHS EARLIER....

Believe it or not, Genya woke up to dogs having sex on the morning of the first day of school. Welp, that's on him for forgetting to shut the damn window last night.

But thanks to the scandalous mewling of the horny bitches, it was how Genya found out that his alarm clock did not go off.

And that Sanemi did not even bother checking up on him before he left.

A horrible, sickening feeling settled on his empty stomach but Genya immediately forced it away.

His brother just probably forgot that he's living with someone else now and just went on with his usual routine.

Yeah, that's it. Or he's needed by the faculty or some higher up or someone and he had to leave early.

Genya wouldn't let some trivial shit weigh him down today, not when he's been given a chance for a fresh new start, away from his father, and if possible, to catch up with his beloved older brother.

He grabbed his phone for a bit of scrolling, only to realize that he only had less than ten minutes to get his ass to school.

And with that, his phone's battery died, along with his positive outlook.

The poor sixteen year old peeled himself off his bed, hurriedly got dressed where he had spent a crazy long three minutes digging into his bag for a pair of socks. Then he bolted to the kitchen to scavenge for something he could eat along the way.

Empty.

His stomach growled louder than ever at that.

Genya high-tailed out of their apartment, screaming at the landlord to call the animal control on the fornicating stray mutts outside the building. He only heard the shocked curses of the man who yelled that the dog were both males before Genya was able to exit the street and make a turn for the main road.

"Shit!" Four minutes until they close the school gates or force him to twerk on the opening ceremony. At least that's what the former students were saying about first day latecomers in some forum he stumbled into.

Genya legged it. He galloped like a free horse under the cherry blossom trees. His childhood bullies who made fun of his yee-yee ass haircut would've been proud.

POOT! POOT!

"Excuse me, watch out!" Genya barely looked over his shoulder before a speeding bicycle zoomed in and went straight for his back, causing Genya to come crashing down on the pavement.

Several pieces of bread tumbled down the bicycle's front basket and the rider of the said bicycle had his face fortunately cushioned from the fall by Genya's backdoor cheeks.

"The road's fucking wide, you dick cheese! Whatchu tooting me for?!" Genya roars at the boy with dark red hair.

"I'm so sorry! My bike has a loose brake cable, I think. I didn't mean to hit you! I'm Tanjiro Kamado, by the way. Hey, you go to Kimetsu Academy too?!" Because apparently that's the appropriate thing to say after you had your face in the middle of another guy's buttcrack just seconds ago.

"Fuck off, I don't have time for this!" Genya lifted himself off the ground but not before snatching one of the bread nearby.

"Hey, hey! Wait!" Tanjiro called after him. "Since we're both gonna be late, why don't I give you a lift?"

Genya side-eyed Tanjiro and his badly designed green and black checkered bike. "Boy we gonna end up in the obituary before we get to school with that!"