Prologue

6 years ago...

Scene starts from Mumbai...

Khanna Mansion,

A girl in her teens was hugging her elder brother and crying her heart out. "Dada, maine kuch nahi kiya. Aap toh jaante hai na. Aap samjho na Papa ko. Mujhe toh pata bhi nahi yeh sab kaise hua!" she tried to justify herself.

A man in his early twenties pulled the girl closer to his heart. "Ruhi, bacche, shaant ho jaa. Itna royi gi toh teri tabiyat kharab ho jayegi. Dad gaye hai na, vo sab thik kar denge. I am sure tujhe koi kuch nahi bolega. I promise..." He pulled her back and wiped the her tears. "Ru, main hoon na bacha. Main tujhe kuch nahi hone dunga. I promise!"

Ruhi just nodded her head and wipped her tears quickly when a boy around 9 or 10 came running down, while another guy chased him from behind. The boy came and pounced on his elder brother, hugging him.

"Bhaiya, dekho na, Bhaiyu mujhe room ke bahar hi nahi ane de rahe the..." the kid complained with a pout.

"Rudra, isse samjha, bahut ziddi hota jaa raha hai yeh..." the guy complained to his twin.

"Abhay!" Rudra gave a look to his twin, asking him to stop, and pulled his younger brother out of his embrace. "Ayan, tu apne room mein jaa. Tere Bhaiyu ne bola hai, toh koi reason hoga na. I will be there after sometime"

"Aap jaldi aaoge na. Mujhe aapke bina neend nahi aati, Bhaiya aapko pta hai na..." the kid asked him innocently.

Rudra nodded. "Promise, bas thodi der mein I will come. Tu jaa abhi, mujhe tere Bhaiyu aur jiji se kaam hai."

The kid nodded obediently and went upstairs to his room.

Once the kid was out of earshot, Abhay side-hugged his younger sister, whose eyes filled up again.

"Ru, kyu itne mote- mote asu bha rahi hai? Dad aa jayenge abhi, don't worry. We trust you, bacche. Hume pata hai tu asa kuch nahi kar sakti."

"Toh kya police jhoot bol rahi hai, Abhay?" their grandmother chided, annoyed. "Uske galat kaam mein uska saath mat do tum dono. Ek toh iski wajah se pure khandan ka naam news mai uchala jaa raha hai aur tum dono ho ki issi ka saath de rahe ho. Tumhare pita ka naam kharab karke rakh diya iss ladki ne."

"Dadi!" Rudra and Abhay's voices boomed in the living area, making the women involuntarily take a step back.

"Aise baat karte hai apni Dadi se? Tameez nahi hai badi hai vo tumse," their mother scolded. "Aur kya galat kaha unhone? Ruhi ne jo kiya, uski wajah se pure Khanna pariwar par log hass rahe hai aur hume kaise- kaise naam se bola rahe hai."

"Maa, bas..." Rudra stopped his mother when he saw Ruhi's breakdown. He again hugged her, and she started crying hysterically.

Prem, a man of honor and principles, had always prided himself on being a respected figure in society. He held himself to a high moral standard, always putting integrity above personal emotions. However, as he walked into the grand mansion, his anger pulsed through his veins, clouding his mind and heart.

Within the opulent walls of the mansion, he discovered his daughter, sobbing inconsolably while embracing his eldest son. The sight tugged at something deep within his heart. The anguish in his son's voice and the vulnerability in his daughter's eyes created a wave of conflicting emotions. He longed to wrap his arms around them and offer solace, yet the recent incident echoed through his thoughts, reminding him of the justification for his anger.

His heart struggled to make sense of the situation, but his strong sense of morality demanded attention. Thinking back to the transgression committed by his daughter, a betrayal that shook the very foundation of their family, Prem felt compelled to reassert his authority as a father and provider. He believed it was his duty to discipline his daughter and ensure that justice was served.